Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invalid file found - Sims 3 ultimate Fix not working. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Invalid file found - Sims 3 ultimate Fix not working. [SOLVED] Empty Invalid file found - Sims 3 ultimate Fix not working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 01:11

So I was trying to to update with the fix and i kept getting the invalid file found error right before the game was done updating, so it never updated. i dont see how i could have missed anything but i'm sure i did because i cant update.

Here is a screen shot of where i put the generations files like it said.

//EDIT

the screen shot it below it wasn't showing up

Invalid file found - Sims 3 ultimate Fix not working. [SOLVED] Captur11

Last edited by shandrababy on Wed 27 Jul 2011, 01:14; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Invalid file found - Sims 3 ultimate Fix not working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Invalid file found - Sims 3 ultimate Fix not working. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 27 Jul 2011, 09:03

Hello,
That is the correct folder for the crack.
Did you replace all the files (steps 1-10) before using the update? These are the original files you need for the update. The one from the crack folder is used at the end after the update has finished. Note that the original Generations file that is found in the Generations folder in the fix, also goes to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Invalid file found - Sims 3 ultimate Fix not working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Invalid file found - Sims 3 ultimate Fix not working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 12:55

yes thats what i did, I placed the new files into where it said for the expansion I downloaded (outdoor living stuff) then i placed the original generations fix in the Electronic arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin. then i would go to patch it on the launcher, it would patch it and then right before it was done patching it would stop and there was a box that said "Error: Invalid File Found" and then it would tell me if i wanted to patch it I could do it at a later time from the luancher.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 27 Jul 2011, 19:02

shandrababy wrote:yes thats what i did, I placed the new files into where it said for the expansion I downloaded (outdoor living stuff) then i placed the original generations fix in the Electronic arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin. then i would go to patch it on the launcher, it would patch it and then right before it was done patching it would stop and there was a box that said "Error: Invalid File Found" and then it would tell me if i wanted to patch it I could do it at a later time from the luancher.
Hello,

You'll get that error when you copy the wrong files to the wrong folder(s). Please read the included "# Installation Guide.pdf" VERY CAREFULLY on where EXACTLY to put which file(s). Note that you should not apply any files from the "# Crack" files before updating, but afterwards instead.
Read very carefully!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2011, 06:10

okay, I tried again and read everything through with a fine tooth comb and I still got the error. I didnt do anything with the #Crack folder

//EDIT

Okay I got it. I decided to try one more time, and this time instead of just reading where the files went I copied and pasted the file location from the instructions to my windows explorer. and it worked! thanks so much!!

Mod edit: Problem solved, topic closed.

-Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top