Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

base game installer crashes after manual uninstall

View previous topic View next topic Go down

base game installer crashes after manual uninstall Empty base game installer crashes after manual uninstall

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jan 2014, 19:55

Hello, I've had some problems with my game (All expansions installed) crashing sometimes and I could not uninstall it through the control panel. So I tried manual uninstalling instructions from EA's support website and everything they ask to do has been done. But now when I try installing the base game again, the UAC prompts me if I want to run the installer and then closes without any warnings.

Are there any other instructions to follow?

Back to top Go down

base game installer crashes after manual uninstall Empty Re: base game installer crashes after manual uninstall

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 17 Jan 2014, 20:43

thtanaka wrote:Hello, I've had some problems with my game (All expansions installed) crashing sometimes and I could not uninstall it through the control panel. So I tried manual uninstalling instructions from EA's support website and everything they ask to do has been done. But now when I try installing the base game again, the UAC prompts me if I want to run the installer and then closes without any warnings.

Are there any other instructions to follow?

Hello,

After every un-install, most people recommend to re-boot the computer, so you should do that for the future.

As for your problem, there are tools available which can help you clean the registry, for example google for "CCleaner" or download "Your Un-installer Pro" from Piratebay (available from Games4TheWorld).

If you use "Your Un-installer Pro" and if your Sims 3 base game is not in the main menu, try clicking on "Advanced Un-install" at the bottom. Also, try using the "disk cleaner" button on the left of the program's main menu.

After that "cleaning", re-boot the computer and then try again installing the base game. Good luck and let us know how it went !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

base game installer crashes after manual uninstall Empty Re: base game installer crashes after manual uninstall

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2014, 20:26

Sorry for my late reply, as soon as I gather some time, I'll try cleaning the registry using programs and manually again  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top