Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manual Update with origin base game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Manual Update with origin base game Empty Manual Update with origin base game

Post by Guest Mon 18 Apr 2016, 12:27

Hi everyone!

so this is my issue.. I have the base game from origin and installed it. after that i shut down origin ( yes also in the background )
and the instructions on this forum tell me that after i install the base game i have to install the update manually.

so i download it from here but when i try to let the update run it goes in to the "setting up wizard" mode, and after that it errors that i do not have a sims copy installed Sad but i do!

so i was wondering: can i try to install the expansions first and after that update manually? do i need to start the sims one time first? or do i need to do something with origin..

i have always made my sims games work in the past but now my lucks run out xD

Back to top Go down

Manual Update with origin base game Empty Re: Manual Update with origin base game

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 18 Apr 2016, 12:43

Hello,

Normally, the patch should work on an Origin version of the base game. Does the game run?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Manual Update with origin base game Empty Re: Manual Update with origin base game

Post by Guest Mon 18 Apr 2016, 13:39

Yes it does run but i looked at the start screen that pops up before you actually start the game and it is version 1.69,
the manual patch is 1.67 right? is this a problem? how do i fix this because origin didnt ask for me to update the game Sad

edit: i have reinstalled 3 times now and the last time i thought i had figured out how to stop origin from installing it with the update but it didnt work.. Wat.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 18 Apr 2016, 18:56

Luxeflex wrote:Yes it does run but i looked at the start screen that pops up before you actually start the game and it is version 1.69,
the manual patch is 1.67 right? is this a problem? how do i fix this because origin didnt ask for me to update the game Sad

edit: i have reinstalled 3 times now and the last time i thought i had figured out how to stop origin from installing it with the update but it didnt work.. Wat.

Hello @Luxeflex,

By default, Origin updates your game automatically without a "prompt". If you don't want that, please have a look at this topic. It focusses on TS4, but the procedure can be applied anyhow.

In your case, try skipping the manual patch then, and use the "Ultimate fix" if you haven't done so yet. That means, do steps #4 and #5 from this guide, then try the game.

As I just said to another user here, the instructions are optimized for people who either pirated the base game or got the old retail DVD version of the TS3 base game. Since these people are the most frequent visitors on the forum here. Confusions and difficulties can arise for users like you who have this newer Origin version and the game level 1.69. But that aside, it's generally not a good idea trying to "mix" Origin games with pirated DLC stuff.

Should you not be able to use the Ultimate fix (successfully) you will have to completely remove/uninstall all your TS3 games on Origin and then re-boot the computer. After that, start over with only pirated Sims 3 games.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Apr 2016, 19:10

I get it now! The thing is i left my sims3 disc at my mothers house and linked to origin so i can play it here. Ah well at least i paid for it long time ago Wink right now i am downloading your sims 3 collection as a whole Very Happy i also have sims 4 dlc from here and that works perfectly btw ^^
I always recommend you guys to my friends.

Thanks a lot for everything and the quick responses!
Have a nice evening  Good job!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 18 Apr 2016, 19:22

Luxeflex wrote:I get it now! The thing is i left my sims3 disc at my mothers house and linked to origin so i can play it here. Ah well at least i paid for it long time ago Wink right now i am downloading your sims 3 collection as a whole Very Happy i also have sims 4 dlc from here and that works perfectly btw ^^
I always recommend you guys to my friends.

Thanks a lot for everything and the quick responses!
Have a nice evening  Good job!

If the Origin game worked with the Ultimate fix, it might have been possible to also stick with that. In the end though, starting over with the pirated stuff is still the better choice in my opinion. One aspect that @SeoY pointed out I believe, was that with the 1.69 Origin version of the game, you cannot use 1.67 mods.

Nice to hear that TS4 worked fine for you. Very Happy  Typically, TS4 is much more difficult to use for the average user, than TS3.

Good luck, and feel free to post back in this thread in case of any follow-up questions ! I will leave the topic open for now. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top