Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRAVEL CRASH. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TRAVEL CRASH. [SOLVED] Empty TRAVEL CRASH. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jan 2014, 23:48

Recently I have encounter a problem where my game is crashing.  It appears that When I try to have a sim travel, my game crashes in the travel loading screen. Sometimes I am able to make it to the destination but I still experience crashing issues. If all goes well I usually crashing withing 5 minutes into playing.  Prior to this my game was running flawlessly, not issues at all. I have crash log analyzer and the info I am getting from it is that my max memory has been used. I have 16GB so this seems off to me. please help.

Back to top Go down

TRAVEL CRASH. [SOLVED] Empty Re: TRAVEL CRASH. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jan 2014, 01:57

To fix it, backup your save then go into the folder of your save game and locate the file TravelDB.package and delete it. There may be a side effect that makes some photos and paintings go blank... im not too sure on that one.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 21 Jan 2014, 05:09

occultation wrote:To fix it, backup your save then go into the folder of your save game and locate the file TravelDB.package and delete it. There may be a side effect that makes some photos and paintings go blank... im not too sure on that one.

I don't think it's a good idea to delete the package. This will only make all your sims' traveling data + All information regarding the visitors of the hometown disappear.

If you have any Custom Content/Mods, delete them. If you do, delete scriptCache.package in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

If you do not have any/it doesn't work, go to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\CurrentGame.sims3 and see if there are any files inside. If so, delete them.

You can also check out my post to read on how to prevent corruption of your save (if that is really the case. To know whether it is or not, create a save and see if your sims can travel to another world. If you don't experience crashes during traveling, then I can assure you that your save is corrupted.)

If the above solutions don't work for you, I suggest downloading and installing a mod called Traveler: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+Testing+166 . Bear in mind that it's still under testing progress so make sure you have made a backup for the save before proceeding.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 24 Jan 2014, 22:10

Well although you have 16 GB of RAM, the Sims is a 32 bit program, so can't use more than 4 GB. So it's very possible that is why your game is crashing. Another thing you can do to help this is download Gamebooster, and use that to run Sims.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2014, 23:18

Thanks for all the replies. I actually fixed it. so yay! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 24 Jan 2014, 23:27

Good to know! Anything else we can help you out with right now?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2014, 23:29

Nope I am good to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 24 Jan 2014, 23:29

Alright! Happy simming then. Smile

Topic Closed.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top