Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Base game from Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Base game from Guide Empty Base game from Guide

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jan 2014, 20:29

Hello!

I'm new here, and am running into this weird issue and am really getting frustrated. I'm unable to use the manual patch to update the game. I get an "You cannot apply this patch on this version of the application. Please re-install." error. I can't download the patch with the launcher, either. I've tried. It will not work for me. I've read over the forums (because I feel that if I'm going to have a Mac, I might as well be able to help myself discover errors and stuff), and haven't found anyone with this particular issue. Is there anyone who can help? I'd greatly appreciate it.

EDIT TO ADD:

I was able to update the base game to 1.63 via an older patch. Am unable to update with the patch available now to 1.66. While I think I've given up on going to 1.66, I would still like to be able to figure out a reason why I am unable to, and maybe would be able to help other who might have this issue.

Last edited by jennyloowho on Tue 21 Jan 2014, 21:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updating)

Back to top Go down

Base game from Guide Empty Re: Base game from Guide

Post by Dieneryn Wed 22 Jan 2014, 15:26

Hello hello,

May I know which base game you are using?
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jan 2014, 21:36

I'm using the version that came directly from the new and improved mac guide you wrote, word for word.

ETA:

I do believe I had hit a point where in I actually figured it out. While I can't download the patch (1.66) on the launcher (it doesn't respond), I downloaded the 1.66 patch (turns out, I was downloading the from 1.63 to 1.66, which is why it wasn't working. I'm kinda feeling stupid at the moment) and will be manually updating to the 1.66 when my other downloads complete.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Thu 23 Jan 2014, 17:39

Cool Very Happy Let us know about your progress Wink
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top