Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Followed Install guide, game not running. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Followed Install guide, game not running. [SOLVED] Empty Followed Install guide, game not running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 13 May 2013, 03:38

I am not sure if this is the proper board, but I am in need of help. I installed, all at once, sims 3 base game, ambitions, pets, world adventures, showtime, 70's 80's 90's stuff, and university life. I updated the game, and put the #crack folder from the ultimate fix in sims3/game/bin like it said. When I run the game I get an error code "Unable to start game:Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)". I am not sure if it is relevant but I installed to my secondary (F:) drive rather than my default (C:), I haven't had problems before so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Followed Install guide, game not running. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Followed Install guide, game not running. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Mon 13 May 2013, 07:03

Hello,

Have you copy over the files inside each of the EPs and SP files in Ultimate Fix you install before applying the crack of the Ultimate Fix?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Followed Install guide, game not running. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Followed Install guide, game not running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 13 May 2013, 09:26

No, I tried that after though, and it didn't work either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 May 2013, 09:55

Did you copy the files from all folders of the Crack in the Ultimate Fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 13 May 2013, 17:34

This is a known error for when there are issues in the registry. Did you ever have any other versions of ts3 installed before on this computer, or other expansions? This video may be helpful to you in checking the registry for issues. This topic may also be of some help.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 May 2013, 19:10

Shamrock: I did that after trying only the crack folder from ultimate fix (the games I had installed only)

Invalidusername: A long time ago I had prior installs yes, and they worked. I deleted all files and did a fresh install, I will try the video in one minute and get back with results.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 May 2013, 19:21

I watched the video and looked through my registry, I only have the games I installed listed. There is, however, an Electronic Arts tab and a Sims tab, both listing the games...Should I delete the EA ones?

Followed Install guide, game not running. [SOLVED] Sims-r10

That should be an image of the registry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 May 2013, 19:38

No. That must mean registry isn't a problem here...

Logon the chat if you have time, maybe I can help...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 May 2013, 19:53

I have time, just trouble locating the chat, it's been a while since I have been on site.

nvm, found it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 13 May 2013, 19:57

Hello,

Does it happen to be an external HD? Maybe it was assigned a different letter.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 May 2013, 19:58

The harddrive is internal, I have a SSD (my C: drive and default) and a HDD (my F: drive, was my old default, but now i use it for games).

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 13 May 2013, 20:02

Hello,

When did you last uninstall (part of) the game? Or uninstalled sims3packs (mainly worlds)?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 May 2013, 20:05

I did that when I got the SSD and installed a fresh copy of windows, probably 6 months ago. I am considering going through the drive and deleting everything relating to EA and sims and trying that again, I am at a loss for where the problem lies. I just really don't want to have to go through all installs again.

//EDIT

I am currently uninstalling all, deleting from registry, and deleting every folder named "Electronic Arts" or "The Sims" and am going to try re-installing all, following instructions again. I will post results.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 13 May 2013, 20:24

Hello,

Good luck!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 May 2013, 21:07

after all that, IT WORKED! must have been a broken registry path. THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone that helped. Love Games4theworld, you guys are the best!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 May 2013, 21:11

Glad we could help, topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top