Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Help! Wont Load City. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please Help! Wont Load City. [SOLVED] Empty Please Help! Wont Load City. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jan 2014, 01:35

Hello! Firstly let me say thank you for all of this!

I hope you can help, i run Windows Vista, and i have installed every expansion other than World Adventures (said i was in the wrong region Sad) and done everything as you have instructed on the post you make sure everyone reads,

Everything works perfectly until i try and load a city, then it will load until literally the last little bit of the loading bar is needed and it will just stop. However, the music, tips etc all continues as normal, it just wont load that final bit!

I have looked at other posts and tried disabling the interactive loading, tried opening it in windowed mode, and so on, however nothing will fix it.

Please help! Sad

Back to top Go down

Please Help! Wont Load City. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Please Help! Wont Load City. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 23 Jan 2014, 22:03

TheGingernator wrote:Hello! Firstly let me say thank you for all of this!

I hope you can help, i run Windows Vista, and i have installed every expansion other than World Adventures (said i was in the wrong region Sad) and done everything as you have instructed on the post you make sure everyone reads,

Everything works perfectly until i try and load a city, then it will load until literally the last little bit of the loading bar is needed and it will just stop. However, the music, tips etc all continues as normal, it just wont load that final bit!

I have looked at other posts and tried disabling the interactive loading, tried opening it in windowed mode, and so on, however nothing will fix it.

Please help! Sad

Hello,

If you have any mods, please remove all of them for now. After you've done that, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the file scriptCache.package.

Re-start the game, and *normally* it should load again. But let us know if you need more help !

P.S. You also need to be a bit patient maybe; my game (big house with 8 sims in Isla Paradiso) takes ~4-5 minutes to load. Razz
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Please Help! Wont Load City. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Please Help! Wont Load City. [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Fri 24 Jan 2014, 22:42

The first time loading a town also takes a bit longer than normal. My game loads rather quickly until it gets to the end, then takes 5-10 minutes to load that last little bit. And that's without my mods or anything extra. It all depends on the computer and town though. 

How long are you letting it set before giving up on loading it?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jan 2014, 00:14

Hey sorry for the late reply guys! Thanks for the help I did what was said and it worked! It felt like I'd been waiting for ages but this time I just did something else while I waited for it to load and it didn't actually take that long!

But thank you guys! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Jan 2014, 00:36

TheGingernator wrote:Hey sorry for the late reply guys! Thanks for the help I did what was said and it worked! It felt like I'd been waiting for ages but this time I just did something else while I waited for it to load and it didn't actually take that long!

But thank you guys! Smile

Hello again,

What I forgot to mention was that if the loading bar "really" gets stuck, it's usually caused by outdated core mods, like e.g. NRAAS Overwatch/ErrorTrap/Register, etc.

Can we help you with anything else ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jan 2014, 00:45

That's all thank you.

Moderator edit: Problem solved, topic closed. Smile

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top