Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMD radeon graphic card not working??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AMD radeon graphic card not working?? Empty AMD radeon graphic card not working??

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jan 2014, 15:48

hello,

i have bought a dell inspiron i5 laptop (8 gb ddr) with amd radeon 8730 graphics card. my os is win 7-32 bit. 

question is: is it normal that my sims3 has a very bad performance even with the lowest display settings? it has lags, graphics are not smooth and the game freezes and crashes when i play for a while.

i uninstalled the driver of amd radeon and played the sims without it: nothing changed! the graphics were same. so, does this mean, the game does not use my amd radeon card, but the intel onboard low-performance card?

im trying to find a way to solve it but i do not even know whether my amd radeon works or not. how can i know it? i can install the driver and catalyst sofware succesfully, everything seems ok but my performance is terrible (besides, dxdiag only shows the intel on-board card, not amd). i even started to think that maybe this laptop is not suitable for gaming, so using amd radeon or onboard card does not make any difference? is this possible?

i really need help and recommendations. waiting for your replies: thanks!

Back to top Go down

AMD radeon graphic card not working?? Empty Re: AMD radeon graphic card not working??

Post by J.T. Thu 23 Jan 2014, 17:25

Hello,

First of all, playing The Sims 3 with lags is highly plausible on laptops, especially when they are not gaming laptops.

Lags can be of many reasons so you cannot determine the reason of the game lagging is simply hardware. It can be of corrupted saves, incompatible Custom Content/Mods, or corrupted caches, etc..

I am sure your graphic card control panel has an option for swtiching graphic card right? If so, please switch it to Raedon 8730M and try re-launching the game. Otherwise, can you show us the screenshots of the control panel?

You should also go to NVidia (and dell possibly, depending on your pc)'s official website and download and install the latest drivers for your graphic card.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

AMD radeon graphic card not working?? Empty Re: AMD radeon graphic card not working??

Post by Layloria Fri 29 Aug 2014, 19:48

Hello,

32bit systems are often much slower in comparison to the newer faster 64bit architecture. Your laptop may be using the Intel graphics because its a chipset and is directly attached to your laptops main motherboard.

How is your AMD Raedon card connected to the laptop? Laptops are tricky to update especially those with onboard chipset graphics cards. In most cases some are not replaceable and a new laptop is needed.

Thanks,
Like a Star @ heaven Layloria
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top