Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graphic card not detected?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Graphic card not detected? Empty Graphic card not detected?

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 05:43

i installed sims 3 again and it worked but when it open the start menu (or idk when you have to choose the town) it said that my graphic card is not detected?can someone help me i'm desperately wanna play again D":
i tried to google it which led me to a video and simply clueless about all the numbers and words in the srg files (+plus too scared to change anything)

here's my deviceconfig

Spoiler:

also quick questions
1. it took me 2-3 minutes just for the game to start after the black screen.is it always that long?even when i havent add my old datas (such as .sim,cc etc) to the folders?
2. my graphic card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M will it handle the graphic if i set the detail to high-very high? :0 or do i still need to set the fps limiter thing? i've experienced my graphic card got roasted in my old pc and i dont wanna it happen to my laptop.

thank you in advance!

Back to top Go down

Graphic card not detected? Empty Re: Graphic card not detected?

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 08:37

Hello, and welcome to the forum,  Very Happy
right click on your My Computer, then select Device Manager, and u will see Display Adapter, press the + symbol beside it.
And u will see Nvidia. Simply right click on it, and update the drivers.

Then restart PC. See if this works. May I ask which operating system you run, and if it is 32-bit or 64-bit?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 09:21

Thank you so much for the welcome and reply!

i use 64bit

\\i've update my driver,restart my pc and its still said found 0 matched 0 ):

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 10:38

Your graphic cards is not recognized by the Sims 3 databank (too modern).
Important to know is that the Vendor code = 10de and the device code for your  GTX 950M card = 139a

Go to your installation folder (C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin)
Open the file GraphicsCards.sgr with notepad.
Keep CTRL down and press on F
in the window type 10de  (this will bring you to the Nvidia section)
After the line vendor "NVIDIA"0.10b4 0x12d2 0x10de type an Enter
add new line: card 0x139a "GeForce GTX 950M"
save the file.

Now open the file GraphicRules.sgr
With CRL+F search for NVIDIA
go to the line starting with elseif and add the following text:
(match("$cardName)", "*950*") or

The line now looks like:
elseif (match("$cardName)", "*950*") or (match("${cardName}", "*8800*") or match("${cardName}", "*9500*") ........

Save the file.
Start your game and close it.
Now look at the file DeviceConfig.log (the one you showed in your spoiler) and scroll down to the section === Graphics device info ===
the line Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M [Found: 0, Matched: 0] should now at least show Matched: 1 and preferably also show Found: 1

The Sims 3 will now use all the possibilities of your GeForce GTX 950M

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 11:00

Hi i do as what you said and now the game doesnt even start.
no black screen or such right after i clicked the play button in the launcher and the window closed it simply wont start.
i tried to check the deviceconfig and it's empty
i dont know whats happening )":

// ok so im glad i made a backup and when i tried the previous srg files (before i add any changes) it worked again...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 12:36

Strange.
Even when I completely remove the files GraphicCards.sgr and GraphicRules.sgr the game still starts (blank, black screen for about 10 seconds).
In that event, yes, DeviceConfig.log is almost empty.

Are you sure you saved the .sgr files as .sgr and not as .txt ? When these are .txt files it has the same effect as a removal.
In that case simply rename them as .sgr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 13:14

yeah it's still SGR,and here you can check if i place anything wrong

Graphic card not detected? D1702a6ecf2a427e6ec06de08c37ab07

Graphic card not detected? A95698c5e5cfa74f957ce6dce7524099
Graphic card not detected? 97e7d14eb23821ebe11fb3df219c9403

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 14:09

My mistake.
it should be:

ifelse (match("${cardName}", "*GTX 9??*") or (match("${cardName}", "*8800*") or match("${cardName}", "*9500*")

not (cardName)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 14:21

is it correct now?
because it still wont load ):Graphic card not detected? 3ef9a00f49b27c90a5ef05fe106e2634

// ok i just seen your update i'll try it now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 14:26

ok i add the GTX too it still doesnt work
Graphic card not detected? 3f5a795a758cdb9d2ecd2013ba5de90d

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 15:04

You're correct, when I place the 950 as first item after elseif my game won't start either.
When placed at the end of the line it does start.

elseif (match("${cardName}", "*8800*") or match("${cardName}", "*9500*") or match("${cardName}", "*9600 GSO*") or match("${cardName}", "*9600 GT*") or match("${cardName}", "*9800 *") or match("${cardName}", "*GTX 2??*") or match("${cardName}", "*2?00M*") or match("${cardName}", "*3?00M*") or match("${cardName}", "*Quadro*FX 5??0*") or match("${cardName}", "*GT 1?0*") or match("${cardName}", "*GTS 150*") or match("${cardName}", "*GTS 250*") or match("${cardName}", "*GT 2??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GTS 2??*")  or match("${cardName}", "*GTX 2??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GeForce G2??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GT 3??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GTS 3??*")  or match("${cardName}", "*GTX 3??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GeForce 3??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GT 4??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GTS 4??*")  or match("${cardName}", "*GTX 4??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GT 5??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GTS 5??*")  or match("${cardName}", "*GTX 5??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GT 6??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GTX 6??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GTX 9??*"))

You might even consider altering the last item in the original line where it states GT 6?? to GTX

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 15:12

it worked thank you!! but it now Found 1 Matched 0 any ideas why? :0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 16:01

Found 1 means that the entry in GraphicCards.sgr is correct.
Matched 0 means that the entry in the GraphicRules is still wrong.

I've just done some entries for my NVIDIA 315 which resulted in Found: 1  Matched: 1
So we must try to figure out what went wrong in the Graphic Rules section.

I suggest that for your card Geforce GTX950M we do not use wildcards (the * sign)
Try an entry like match("${cardName}", *GeForce GTX 950M*") - the last asterix could be omitted I think
Why ? - In the middle of the first section elseif you see an entry Geforce G2??, so why is GeForce added ?

Make sure you make the alterations in the first elseif section where it sets your cardlevel to $cardLevelUber.
When your card is matched it will set it to true (=1)
When it is not matched it's trying to find the card in the next elseif sections.

elseif (match("${cardName}", "*8800*") or match("${cardName}", "*9500*") or match("${cardName}", "*9600 GSO*") or match("${cardName}", "*9600 GT*") or match("${cardName}", "*9800 *") or match("${cardName}", "*GTX 2??*") or match("${cardName}", "*2?00M*") or match("${cardName}", "*3?00M*") or match("${cardName}", "*Quadro*FX 5??0*") or match("${cardName}", "*GT 1?0*") or match("${cardName}", "*GTS 150*") or match("${cardName}", "*GTS 250*") or match("${cardName}", "*GT 2??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GTS 2??*")  or match("${cardName}", "*GTX 2??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GeForce G2??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GT 3??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GTS 3??*")  or match("${cardName}", "*GTX 3??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GeForce 3??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GT 4??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GTS 4??*")  or match("${cardName}", "*GTX 4??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GT 5??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GTS 5??*")  or match("${cardName}", "*GTX 5??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GT 6??*") or match("${cardName}", "*GTX 6??*") or match ("${cardName}", "*GeForce GTX 950M*"))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 16:30

i honestly dont get it but i added the red line and also add the $ to the cardlevelUber and it doesnt load again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 16:44

Where did I say to add a $ to cardLevelUber ?
The line already states   seti cardLevel $cardLevelUber, so why an extra $ ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 16:51

um no it's the seti cardLevelUber          5 that i added $
i thought you meant the $cardleveluber is that i have to add the $ .now i've removed it.
however the or match ("${cardName}", "*GeForce GTX 950M*")) still make the game doesnt load.
sorry for bothering im just very clueless about this kind of stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 17:03

The elseif section does the following:

It compares the names of graphic cards entered in the GraphicCards.sgr (where your GTX 950M has been succesfully entered, foud: 1).
When the cardname is matched in the first section it uis qualified as Uber.
When not found there, it searches the next elseif section - High
Not found there it searches the following elseif section - Medium
aso.

When the cardname is not found at all it will result in found: 0 but it should not interfere with the start of The Sims 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 17:15

alright so i better stick with the or match("${cardName}", "*GTX 9??*")) and this considered as solved?
Anyway i put it as GTX 950 and it worked so if i put either GTX 9?? or GTX 950 it doesnt really matter with the matched : 0 ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 17:39

As long as you have matched: 0 the sims 3 will not take full use of your graphic card, however in your case you can set all settings on high in the options menu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Sep 2016, 09:18

ok now it's all fixed (: thank you so much for all the instruction!
also i have one more question.

i set my locale setting to japanese because it was necessary for some app i use
and when i install sims3's expansion packs the installer are all in japanese.i have no issue with it though but their folders in D:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts are all in japanese would it affect the gameplay? :0
Graphic card not detected? 440b065abfae33f8e0c6b35e478785b8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Sep 2016, 09:21

No, I don't think it will interfere with the gameplay, unless the contents of these folders are also in japanese.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top