Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Installing Certain Exspansions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help Installing Certain Exspansions Empty Help Installing Certain Exspansions

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2014, 14:03

Ok so I am no computer wiz... But I really need help. I got an official copy of the sims 3 and a official copy of the sims 3 pets. However I want the ambitions expansion pack, is there a guide to that? Because when I try to install it, the thing tells me that I dont have the Sims 3 installed when I do.

Back to top Go down

Help Installing Certain Exspansions Empty Re: Help Installing Certain Exspansions

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2014, 15:33

Where is your base game from? If it is from Steam, then you cannot use a crack...

Back to top Go down

Help Installing Certain Exspansions Empty Re: Help Installing Certain Exspansions

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2014, 16:02

Darn... Its from steam :l Is there seriously no way to get a crack? Because that kinda makes me sad... Unless I download a different copy of the game from here.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 24 Jan 2014, 16:31

medlefang wrote:Darn... Its from steam :l Is there seriously no way to get a crack? Because that kinda makes me sad... Unless I download a different copy of the game from here.

Hello,

You cannot crack steam games. I know it might sound a bit harsh to you, but you might want to consider downloading and installing the games from Games4theworld instead: www.games4theworld.org .
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2014, 18:09

Thanks for the advice :DI will infact download it from here, is there any way to transfer the save files? Also I have free item packs from the sims website that you guys dont happen to offer (ford and prius packs) I originally tried getting them from here and they didnt work, is there a way to move that?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 24 Jan 2014, 23:01

The folder with all that information (saves, mods, other game info) should still be located at "Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims 3" so check if it's there. If so, then before installing the new game, just make sure to back that up and uninstall the steam version. If not, I'm sure we can find where Steam decided to hide those files at. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top