Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims3 keeps crashing my laptop after 1.66 update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims3 keeps crashing my laptop after 1.66 update  Empty Sims3 keeps crashing my laptop after 1.66 update

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jan 2014, 14:41

Hello everyone,
I'm actually bored and fed up ! 
 FUU!  
when I'm playing the sims3 crashes my laptop suddenly it's not a heat problem or anything .. this keeps happening all the time after updating my game to 1.66 ,then I saw that the sims3 1.67 update is released I updated my game and thought that this might help but no  pale  guys please help  bounce  Help

Back to top Go down

Sims3 keeps crashing my laptop after 1.66 update  Empty Re: Sims3 keeps crashing my laptop after 1.66 update

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jan 2014, 19:59

Please apply the Ultimate Fix.
Also, see this topic.

Back to top Go down

Sims3 keeps crashing my laptop after 1.66 update  Empty Re: Sims3 keeps crashing my laptop after 1.66 update

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2014, 13:34

I did all of the above but it crashes and shuts my laptop Sad thanks for your help BTW Smile  What he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2014, 14:25

Please check that your graphic card drivers are up to date.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2014, 18:21

Hello,
I think it wouldn't be such a bad idea if u update it to version 1.67 and then apply the ultimate fix. It should work fine with that. I had a similar problem before and I tried solving by deleting all my mods and CC, (I know it feels really bad Surprised ).This may not help everyone but SOMETIMES it works. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jan 2014, 09:27

Is your problem solved?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jan 2014, 15:06

yes it stopped turning my laptop off but now it crashes Razz it says the sims3 has stopped working

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 30 Jan 2014, 17:50

Rima123 wrote:yes it stopped turning my laptop off but now it crashes Razz it says the sims3 has stopped working

Hello,

Are you sure you did all the steps in Shamrock's link correctly ? If so, have another look, still:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014-updated

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB RAM or more, then do step #3. There, download that "4 GB patch" from the link given there. After downloading, double-click on that patch. In the next window, you need to go to your base game location and choose the TS3W.exe. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched", and then close the patch. Do all other steps too then.

Note that this will not work on a 32-bit system and/or if you have less than 4 GB of RAM on your computer.

Also, can you try lowering your graphics settings in the in-game options menu ? And some users have reported good results from using tools like "GameBooster" (look on Piratebay for that), to improve the computer's performance while gaming.

Keep us updated !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top