Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Sim info after loading save game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Sim info after loading save game Empty No Sim info after loading save game

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2014, 19:40

I downloaded the manual update (1.67) and the latest Ultimate Fix. After installing both, loading the game and a save went just fine, but there is no info for my sim- no money, no lifetime goal, no wishes, and the sim panels do not pop out like they should. When I go to build/buy, the money shows up, but when I try to buy something it says insufficient funds. Should I try reapplying the fix or something? (I have all the expansions and stuff packs, and the most recent downloads for the store stuff, with the most recent store fix.) Also, I did update my graphics driver before doing the game update and fix, could that have anything to do with it?

Back to top Go down

No Sim info after loading save game Empty Re: No Sim info after loading save game

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2014, 19:42

JWall421 wrote:I downloaded the manual update (1.67) and the latest Ultimate Fix. After installing both, loading the game and a save went just fine, but there is no info for my sim- no money, no lifetime goal, no wishes, and the sim panels do not pop out like they should. When I go to build/buy, the money shows up, but when I try to buy something it says insufficient funds. Should I try reapplying the fix or something? (I have all the expansions and stuff packs, and the most recent downloads for the store stuff, with the most recent store fix.) Also, I did update my graphics driver before doing the game update and fix, could that have anything to do with it?
Hi there, can you try starting a new game instead of the saved one sometimes it may be corrupted.

Back to top Go down

No Sim info after loading save game Empty Re: No Sim info after loading save game

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2014, 19:44

Oh good idea, I hadn't thought of trying that! I will try right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2014, 19:45

JWall421 wrote:Oh good idea, I hadn't thought of trying that! I will try right now.
Hi Jwall421,ok please try it and let us know the result.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2014, 19:51

Ok, yeah, the new game works just fine. Is there any way to fix a corrupt save? i really like that one  Very Happy Otherwise, issue solved. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2014, 20:00

JWall421 wrote:Ok, yeah, the new game works just fine. Is there any way to fix a corrupt save? i really like that one  Very Happy Otherwise, issue solved. Thanks!
Hi again,Yes there is a way to fix it give me a moment will give you a link to there

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Jan 2014, 23:53

JWall421 wrote:Ok, yeah, the new game works just fine. Is there any way to fix a corrupt save? i really like that one  Very Happy Otherwise, issue solved. Thanks!

Hello,

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves and see if there are the following folders:

1) (Name of your savefile).sims3 -> delete that folder first.

2) (Name of your savefile).sims3.backup -> after you've deleted the above folder, just remove the .backup ending in that folder, so that it looks like the one you just deleted.

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. If not (or if you don't even have a folder with the .backup ending) then I'm afraid you'll have to stick with the new savegame. You should regularly backup your savefiles to a safe place, like an external hard-drive, or a USB-flashdrive, if possible.

I hope this helps you ! Smile 

P.S. Just backup the whole "Saves"-folder (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3) to a safe location.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top