Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loading screen freeze issue, in-game freezes. NOT ACTUALLY FIXED, NEW INFO

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Loading screen freeze issue, in-game freezes. NOT ACTUALLY FIXED, NEW INFO Empty Loading screen freeze issue, in-game freezes. NOT ACTUALLY FIXED, NEW INFO

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 07:02

(I apologize for my first post being less than constructive, thanks so much for everything ya'll do here!)

Okee dokee, so a few days ago discovered this site and reinstalled the games4theworld version of all the EP's I had and then some. I kept my EA folder. I currently have the base game, supernatural, pets, generations, late night, sweet treats, outdoor living, 70's 80's and 90's and then a couple days after loading up all of these with no incident I installed University and made sure my fix/crack/patch were up to date. Upon starting up University for the first time I noticed my game was kinda sluggish but figured it was just my computer. It got better and I played pretty well for a bit.

Today my game started doing this thing where I launch, everything looks fine, I get to the main menu, but upon loading the chosen save (tried with several different ones) it'll get about a third of the way in and then just.... get stuck on one tip and play the music infinitely. I alt-tab to my desktop to discover the launcher has crashed, but the game looks to be running fine. I click back to the game and it resumes loading. Twice I managed to actually get to the game after alt-tabbing and waiting for the music to stop playing (a good five minutes) on my desktop then re-clicking to the load screen. The game runs for about five seconds per one minute of freezing after that. The last few times even that didn't work, it just got another third of the way loaded then froze and played music forever until having to summon the task manager to get rid of it.

I've taken out all my CC and tried to run it, no difference. Double checked all the threads here for things I may have done wrong. My launcher has stopped crashing, but the load problem appears to be separate. No other threads seemed to have this problem.

Any ideas? Thanks so much for your time.

Last edited by resinFiend on Sun 31 Mar 2013, 10:40; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Loading screen freeze issue, in-game freezes. NOT ACTUALLY FIXED, NEW INFO Empty Re: Loading screen freeze issue, in-game freezes. NOT ACTUALLY FIXED, NEW INFO

Post by invalidusername Sun 31 Mar 2013, 07:35

backup and completely remove "Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3" And try the game then. If it works on a new game like that, go ahead and put your saves back in to test them.

~Also, are your faulty saves in custom/downloaded worlds at all?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Loading screen freeze issue, in-game freezes. NOT ACTUALLY FIXED, NEW INFO Empty Re: Loading screen freeze issue, in-game freezes. NOT ACTUALLY FIXED, NEW INFO

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 07:52

Alright, game works fine without the saves, launcher still crashes after start but that's whatever. Gonna put each save back in and see.

And nah, I've got two Sunset Valley's with just one custom family each and a Bridgeport I use as the home for my single girl I sent to University.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 08:06

Alright, I went in and found some really weird old saves that weren't the three I have now? One ended in .bad, I have no idea what that is. Deleted everything but my three and tried again, game runs fine now!

Funky business, funky business. Launcher is still bad but I'm not fussed with it. Thanks SO much!

False alarm. Still have the loading issue. It ran fine once with just my three important save files in, then wouldn't do it again. I took them all back out and it still stops loading 1/3 of the way in. I've run every other test I can think of :C

Last edited by resinFiend on Sun 31 Mar 2013, 10:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New info)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 17:02

To be honest, I've also posted the same, verry same problem with you and up to now, I haven't found the answer. The only answer I do is to drop all the graphics level to low, then save it. Restart the game then play it that way then save it so by the next time you play the game you have at least a medium graphics game inside the university world. It also doesn't work on other worlds included in World Adventures. It's a hopeless case, I hope EA will fix it.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 31 Mar 2013, 19:14

So it works fine on a new game, right? If so, try starting a new game, however you normally would, save and exit, and see if you can get into that game. There may be something wrong with the saves you're trying to play.

Also, how long have you been playing on those saves? (Generation/town age)
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top