Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sims3.exe has stopped working..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sims3.exe has stopped working.. Empty sims3.exe has stopped working..

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jan 2014, 12:51

Hey there,

I have just completed my downloads on all The Sims 3 Expansion Packs, and not the Stuffs pack.
Installation, manual patch, updating are all fine. Game runs fine too.

I create a sim and one pet cat. After finishing the basic tutorial and all, I am now playing on my own. There's this mascot guy putting stuff outside of my house and I take the university test. I didn't get the scholarship but it told me to go to my smartphone and take the enrolment to university. I accept it and my sim was packing his bag and went to a car to go to the university. After that, my game crashed with the pop-up message "sims3.exe has stopped working"...

What could be wrong here? Using Windows 8 x64.

EDIT: There must be something wrong with the University Expansion Pack. I tried it again just now. After my sim goes to the car to go to the university, the loading screen appears and it loads very slow until the pop-up message appears again.

Back to top Go down

sims3.exe has stopped working.. Empty Re: sims3.exe has stopped working..

Post by J.T. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 16:17

As you can see, EA has built the crappiest teleporting system ever. We have a lot of users who have problems with teleporting sims, and they never end well.

However, this problem might be associated with your Custom Content/Mods. Please remove anything (excluding the store fix) from (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages and Mods\Overrides. After that, clear the file
scriptcache.package in (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and restart the game to see if there are any differences.

Good luck and let us know the result. Smile
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jan 2014, 16:54

The folder Mods didn't exist, even in Hidden view. However scriptcache.package is there and I already deleted it. I will try again.
sims3.exe has stopped working.. 2mwz6u

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 17:12

sparkleshateyou wrote:The folder Mods didn't exist, even in Hidden view. However scriptcache.package is there and I already deleted it. I will try again.
sims3.exe has stopped working.. 2mwz6u

Please let us know the result.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jan 2014, 17:27

If you have all the expansion packs, did the Time portal pop up on your lot b4 u tried to go to uni!?

I don't know if waiting till it does will help tho, I don't travel till the mascot leaves & the portal has appeared

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jan 2014, 07:25

Yes after the tutorial finished, a mascot guy appears, ring my house bell and leaves some stuff outside. Later, a big portal to go to the future also appear outside of my house. The mascot guy didn't leave, he just keep dancing and moving around my house. Maybe I should ask him to leave then go to the uni?

I'll try the game later on and see if it works. Right now I'm at school.

//EDIT

Hello, it works man! I think deleting the scriptcache.package solves the problem. My cat didn't moved to my new dorm though, is that normal?

And why the loading is so slow? Startup loading slow, going to town loading also slow.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 31 Jan 2014, 19:25

sparkleshateyou wrote:Yes after the tutorial finished, a mascot guy appears, ring my house bell and leaves some stuff outside. Later, a big portal to go to the future also appear outside of my house. The mascot guy didn't leave, he just keep dancing and moving around my house. Maybe I should ask him to leave then go to the uni?

I'll try the game later on and see if it works. Right now I'm at school.

//EDIT

Hello, it works man! I think deleting the scriptcache.package solves the problem. My cat didn't moved to my new dorm though, is that normal?

And why the loading is so slow? Startup loading slow, going to town loading also slow.

Hello,

I'm not sure about the cat, maybe another Helper knows more about this though.

As for the loading, even with higher-end computers, it can take a while for the game to load. You may try the tool "GameBooster" (look on Piratebay for that). Many users have reported that using this helped them free up a bit of extra resources on their computers.

More generally, if you know what you're doing (!!!), close unnecessary background processes with the task manager.

Also, before playing, disable your anti-virus software completely. Moreover, make sure to free up some space on your hard-drive (if applicable) and also defragment the drive too.

Good luck !

P.S. if you want to add anything to your post, please use the "edit"-button in the top right corner of your post. Wink  And then wait for an answer of another user.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014, 19:30

Ok I'll wait for an answer about the cat, I really want the cat to move in with me.

Yeah I'm playing from High to Low settings and the loading time is about 10-15 minutes or so. I always quit everything when I'm playing, so only sim3 is running. Not sure if Gamebooster really helps.

Thanks for the tips though.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 31 Jan 2014, 19:35

sparkleshateyou wrote:Ok I'll wait for an answer about the cat, I really want the cat to move in with me.

Yeah I'm playing from High to Low settings and the loading time is about 10-15 minutes or so. I always quit everything when I'm playing, so only sim3 is running. Not sure if Gamebooster really helps.

Thanks for the tips though.

What are your computer specs ?

Also, do you use any custom content ? I fyou have too many custom content and/or if you use "bad custom content", this can influence your game's performace negatively.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014, 19:39

Custom content is such as what? Cause I only install Sims 3 and all expansion packs, not stuff packs, and update through Sims 3 launcher about store patch or something.

Also, what's with the annoying script notification, the Yes/No thing. It keeps popping up regardless of Yes/No answer.

sims3.exe has stopped working.. 2zrdeop

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 31 Jan 2014, 19:50

sparkleshateyou wrote:Custom content is such as what? Cause I only install Sims 3 and all expansion packs, not stuff packs, and update through Sims 3 launcher about store patch or something.

Also, what's with the annoying script notification, the Yes/No thing. It keeps popping up regardless of Yes/No answer.

sims3.exe has stopped working.. 2zrdeop

By "custom content" we mean files in either ".sims3pack" or ".package" file format. From your answer I guess that you didn't install any of these though.

Your specs seem OK. But then: my savegame also takes about 5-6 minutes to load, and I can live with that. I have an (older) Intel i3 dual-core with 2.93 GHz for each core, so that affects the performance too.

Have a look at this topic here and do all steps (except step #1, for now):

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014-updated

When you're at step #3, download that "4 GB patch" and then double-click on it. Then choose the TS3W.exe in your Sims 3 base game location, usually C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch. Keep in mind though that this 'method' ONLY works if your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more.
You seem to have 4 GB, but is your Windows 8 a 64-bit version ?

So far, that's it from me.

//EDIT

Try ignoring that script error. It's not necessary for being able to play.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014, 19:54

Yeah I think I don't have any custom content.

Thanks for the link, that might actually help. And yeah it's a 64-bit version, that should work, thanks again. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 01 Feb 2014, 09:59

sparkleshateyou wrote:Yeah I think I don't have any custom content.

Thanks for the link, that might actually help. And yeah it's a 64-bit version, that should work, thanks again. Smile

Hello,

I would like to add that pets are not allowed to move in the university, if that is what you are asking.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2014, 10:02

Awww man that's too bad.Thanks for all the help though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top