Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappearing Installation Packs in Game Launcher After New Jan/08 Patch Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disappearing Installation Packs in Game Launcher After New Jan/08 Patch Update  Empty Disappearing Installation Packs in Game Launcher After New Jan/08 Patch Update

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 02:09

There was a problem SIMILAR to the one I'm having on this forum on this website already, "https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9455-4-of-my-sims-3-installations-are-faded-out-in-the-launchersolved"
(but my problem is a little bit more "advanced" I guess...)

Just like Mr4514, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Diesel Stuff, Supernatural, AND Seasons (ALL of which I installed previously within the last week or two - and they all WORKED) have been blotted OUT of the Sims 3 Launcher as if they were never installed.

This problem occurred AFTER the installation of Showtime, and once I moved the # Crack files in their appropriate place, I started the launcher, like what was required for previous expansions.

When I checked for an update, there was a new one just let out about an hour or so ago, and I tried to apply it. It downloaded all the way and my computer asked me if I wanted the setup to make the necesary changes to my computer. I accepted it, but once the Wizard window appeared and prompted me that it was about to start, it immediately closed itself out, saying that (And I'm probably misquoting)

"There was a problem installing the patch update because the region codes do not match the ones for the games you already have installed"... Again, I'm definitely misquoting, but the message was CLEARLY along those lines.

I didn't notice the whitened out installations at first due to me just "thinking" it'd be as simple as the other expansions so I thought nothing of it until I tried a second (and 3rd) time, only getting the same result.

I'm downloading the manual patch thingy now, hoping that this MAY somehow help my situation, but I'm coming here to ask if there is some OTHER way to handle this without the 2 hours for this download and the GB's I may just be wasting anyways.

Mind you , there are some things you may need to know about my games.

-There are mods, yes, but my games have worked just fine with them installed and I have quite a good number of them ... 18 if I recall... Razz
-My custom content is actually kept at a bare minimum. Not because of the memory usage or fear of lag, just that I'm actually more than content with the options already available to me from the packs I have installed already.
-Counting the now disappearing games, I have World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, "Showtime" (technically), Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Diesel Stuff, Supernatural, and Seasons installed on my computer.
-The most important thing, well to me anyways, is that when I downloaded World Adventures (it had to be MUCH longer after I installed every other expansion besides Showtime), I sort of skipped one SMALL step in the installation. It was where you opened the # Crack 3 Folder and went through the long dwindling process of installing manual patches to the game. I think I made it to about the fourth one, got incredibly bored with it, went ahead and moved the files in # Crack 4 to my Base Game Bin, and started the game. While it seemed risky at FIRST, it appeared to work just fine. It saved okay, and I even tested traveling to each country one at a time before REALLY immersing myself into playing. The only reason I did so was because I already owned the Base Game myself, and had it installed and patched to 1.42 already... so when it started to work I assumed the game just went along with it...

Then it came down to me installing Showtime. It finished and, conveniently enough, I had to install an update. And that's where my problem from before lies... The error that I keep recieving WILL NOT go away!

I'd really appreciate some help on the matter, HOPEFULLY one that doesn't include the Manual Patch thingy, because I also skipped that when getting the previous expansions too... >__< (Sorry for not following instructions!!!) Sad

EDIT: (#1) Okay so here's something else (sorry) WhatDidUJustCallMe? I've used the ControlPanel to uninstall Showtime, and restarted the Launcher. Lore and behold... the expansions and stuff packs returned! I also updated a "patch" file after the game told me there was one available, but this one downloaded so fast I'm unsure if it was the new CONTENT patch, or the Sims 3 store patch update that I've been avoiding for my own personal reasons... I'll keep updating this if there's anything else but I'm about to run my game and see if there are any noticable problems.

(#2) -- Turns out it was the STORE update that installed, the one I'd been trying to postpone downloading. Again, personal reason, just that it helps me see if the launcher is working. Not a big issue of course, I'll just have to use another Method of sweeping my files every once in a while.
-Downloading the new UPDATE now... will post later on the results and if the same error occurs, I'll have the legit text available for you to see.

(#3) [ "The setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect. This update requires a different game region in order to be installed." ]

Well, there you go. The same error message. I'm at a loss as of what to do because I haven't even started the game to make sure the other 4 packs still even WORK...

Last edited by late.night.snacks on Wed 09 Jan 2013, 02:50; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Update #3: Update error; Finally have ACTUAL Message text)

Back to top Go down

Disappearing Installation Packs in Game Launcher After New Jan/08 Patch Update  Empty Re: Disappearing Installation Packs in Game Launcher After New Jan/08 Patch Update

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 10 Jan 2013, 11:58

Hello,

The manual patch will definitely fix that since it is for all regions.
As for your dissapearing expansions, I suspect you used the crack that came with Showtime. That one isn't compatible with newer packs though, which is why that crack lets the launcher think you don't have those newer packs. Download the manual patch, and the new fix. You only need the crack from the fix, after you've installed the patch.

There's no need to install the patch for the store updates.

Note that it is highly likely that you'll have to update your mods to work properly with the new game version.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Disappearing Installation Packs in Game Launcher After New Jan/08 Patch Update  Empty Re: Disappearing Installation Packs in Game Launcher After New Jan/08 Patch Update

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 04:10

Thanks for replying !! Smile

Okay I've installed the manual patch... I think... An Origin update popped up and said it "failed to initialize"...

Speaking of Origin, the Launcher keeps saying "Unable to connect to Origin" whenever I check for an update on the tab. It says i'm up-to-date, but should I be worried about the Origin thing too???

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 12 Jan 2013, 19:39

Hello,

The manual patch has nothing to do with Origin though. Are you sure you download it from step 2, here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly ?
If not, please re-do step 2 to 4 to fix your game.

You'll get the "Unable to connect to Origin" error when you open your launcher and/or try to update the game via the launcher and Origin is not installed on your system. No harm at all though.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top