Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need help: Main Menu Blank?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need help: Main Menu Blank? Empty I need help: Main Menu Blank?

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jan 2014, 09:26

Hi, I read more questions / answers related to a blank Main Menu on The Sims 3, and I tried everything but nothing works.. The game is starting and doing fine until the main menu, where I can't click on play and all my households are gone. I installed the fix... didn't work. I post a picture of it with this post. I hope someone can help me!

The Sims 3 plumbob

Back to top Go down

I need help: Main Menu Blank? Empty Re: I need help: Main Menu Blank?

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jan 2014, 09:28

Hello,
Have you tried this topic?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Feb 2014, 14:17

Shamrock wrote:Hello,
Have you tried this topic?

Yes and I changed the language, didn't work. :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Feb 2014, 18:34

Where did you get the base game from?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 17:14

Shamrock wrote:Where did you get the base game from?

I downloaded the Base Game and all the expension packs from a torrent (pirate bay if i'm right). I never had problems with it though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 17:34

Was it an AOI edition?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 19:21

Shamrock wrote:Was it an AOI edition?

I don't know what that is, I'm sorry Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 19:33

Hello, Smile 
So is your game from Games4theworld?
If it's like a "All in one" edition or even if it's not then you can try downloading your game from here:
games4theworld.org or thepiratebay.se/user/Games4theworld/
and apply the latest manual patch and ultimate fix again and see what happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 20:49

All in One editions are tricky to update.
Please follow ellajohnson's advice!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 15:46

Shamrock wrote:All in One editions are tricky to update.

Someone just put all the Sims expensions in one folder so I could download it at once. Never had problems with it, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 05 Feb 2014, 16:54

xellee wrote:

Someone just put all the Sims expensions in one folder so I could download it at once. Never had problems with it, though.

Hello,

The point is, you will never be able to update the base game with AIO Editions, since the games you installed are all modified. It is not recommended to install AIO Editions.

If you want to update the game and install other expansions that are not included in AIO Edition, get rid of it, and install the base game and expansions from Games4theworld: www.games4theworld.org.

Beware though, since you have AIO Edition installed, you cannot just uninstall it via Control Panel, as some of the files/registry regarding AIO Edition might not be cleared and might cause problems when you re-install the games from Games4theworld.

To initiate a clean re-installation, you need a tool called Your Uninstaller Pro (available on www.games4theworld.org), all you have to do is install the Uninstaller, and then double-click the icon(s) of The Sims 3 base game and the expansions one by one in the Uninstaller panel, and when a window pops up, choose Super Mode. After un-installing all of it, re-start your computer.

After re-boot, go ahead and install the base game and other expansions from Games4theworld. Now you shall be able to update, and apply the Ultimate Fix without any problems.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Feb 2014, 10:05

J.T. wrote:
xellee wrote:

Hello,

The point is, you will never be able to update the base game with AIO Editions, since the games you installed are all modified. It is not recommended to install AIO Editions.

If you want to update the game and install other expansions that are not included in AIO Edition, get rid of it, and install the base game and expansions from Games4theworld: www.games4theworld.org.

Beware though, since you have AIO Edition installed, you cannot just uninstall it via Control Panel, as some of the files/registry regarding AIO Edition might not be cleared and might cause problems when you re-install the games from Games4theworld.

To initiate a clean re-installation, you need a tool called Your Uninstaller Pro (available on www.games4theworld.org), all you have to do is install the Uninstaller, and then double-click the icon(s) of The Sims 3 base game and the expansions one by one in the Uninstaller panel, and when a window pops up, choose Super Mode. After un-installing all of it, re-start your computer.

After re-boot, go ahead and install the base game and other expansions from Games4theworld. Now you shall be able to update, and apply the Ultimate Fix without any problems.

Thank you, but that means that I have to reinstall every expension package?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 08 Feb 2014, 10:19

xellee wrote:
J.T. wrote:
xellee wrote:

Hello,

Thank you, but that means that I have to reinstall every expension package?

Yes, you need to re-download and re-install all the expansions.

This might sound a bit too much to you, but this is better than AIO Editions, right?

Either way, please tell us the result.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Feb 2014, 12:30

okay thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top