Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"unofficial game modification" error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"unofficial game modification" error  Empty "unofficial game modification" error

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014, 16:56

hi, i just installed the sims 3 ( base game+late night+university life) 
i used Ultimate Fix ( downloaded from this website ), after that updated it to latest version of the game 
via launcher. followed your ult.fix instructions. when i'm trying to play error occurs :

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of the Sims 3.  We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs.  Do you want to quit?"

if i say quit, it quits ( wow interesting Very Happy ), if i say continue game starts but new game button become unclickable  ( yea game opens but now allow me to play )
EA trollin'....

Helper Edit: It is very uncomfortable to read words in grey in such forum background. Next time, please select a font color which favours our visual stimuli instead Very Happy.
-J.T.

Back to top Go down

"unofficial game modification" error  Empty Re: "unofficial game modification" error

Post by J.T. Fri 31 Jan 2014, 17:12

Hello,

It can be very dodgy to update via launcher. Can you try the following?

(1) Download and run the manual patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v166-fix-manual-patch.

(2) Re-download the Ultimate Fix here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems.

(3) Open the Ultimate Fix with WinRAR. This time you do not need any files in the Ultimate Fix except the folder # Crack.

(4) Open the folder # Crack and then drag and drop the content inside to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and replace the files inside.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

"unofficial game modification" error  Empty Re: "unofficial game modification" error

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2014, 22:25

thnx for reply, i'll try it soon but should re-install game for this ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2014, 22:33

There should never be a need to reinstall the game for any reason. Try doing what J.T. said. It should work. I was going to tell you the same thing :)Happy Simming!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2014, 22:46

thanks guys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 06:41

I am also having the same problem once again, reinstalled the game because of to many errors and error 12 about all the time.  I know basically that deals with to large of a file, but I could not even take the sims that I was working with and save them to apply to a new game.  Now with the same issue once again. 

I have updated and cleaned out my system as I kept having a bunch of errors, I am back to this wonderful message again I have no CC added, only the games and the expansions. 

It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims3.  We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them – otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs. 

Do you want to quit?

Moderator edit: can you please open a NEW topic for your issue(s) ? Thanks. Smile 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top