Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error: Unofficial game modification...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error: Unofficial game modification... Empty Error: Unofficial game modification...

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jul 2010, 06:33

I have installed all 4 of the Sims 3 from your site all the way to Ambitions. Followed the instructions precisely, did this twice and got the same response. The launcher will load, but as the game is attempting to load I receive the following message:

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs.

Do you want to quit?"

If I press continue I get the following error:

"Unable to start game

Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)"

Not exactly sure where I have gone wrong if any. I have updated as instructed and copy and pasted. I would appreciate any help!

Thanks Smile

Revision: After looking more into the files, when launching it shows at the bottom which games are install. Everyone is there, BUT the first 1. Matter of fact each game has the patch/version they are where as the first one has nothing. So it looks as tho some how I have lost my Sims 2 lol?

Again, any help appreciated Smile

MOD EDIT : Topic moved to the right section.
-NARONG30

Back to top Go down

Error: Unofficial game modification... Empty Re: Error: Unofficial game modification...

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jul 2010, 11:22

A lot of people are having this problem.
The launcher doesn't work for me either and it crashes with the same error code as yours. There is not really a solution for it and it is unknown what causes the problem.

Back to top Go down

Error: Unofficial game modification... Empty Re: Error: Unofficial game modification...

Post by Admin Thu 15 Jul 2010, 13:18

Hello,

Have you both tried:

A wise Admin wrote: (...)

1. Backup your savegames.
2. Uninstall all The Sims 3 games on your system.
3. Restart your PC (!).
4. Install our The Sims 3 release from www.games4theworld.org .
5. Install our WA release from www.games4theworld.org .
6. Install our Ambitions release from www.games4theworld.org .
7. See if the Game works now.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jul 2010, 13:19

Yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 15 Jul 2010, 13:36

Hello,

Then, yes, I don't have a solution either. Neither can EA solve the problem(s) at the moment. I think you guys will have to wait for a new patch, sorry.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jul 2010, 00:43

I have the same error message as well. Followed everything that you told me on this thread.

I have the retail (outdated) version of the base game. I have installed everything in this order:

1. Did a backup of my SaveGames.
2. Uninstalled all The Sims 3 games on my System.
3. Restarted my PC.
4. Installed The Sims 3.
5. Installed The Sims 3: World Adventures release from www.games4theworld.org . (followed everything in the Installation Guide)
6. Installed The Sims 3: High End Loft Stuff release from www.games4theworld.org . (followed everything in the Installation Guide)
7. Installed The Sims 3: Ambitions release from www.games4theworld.org . (followed everything in the Installation Guide)

So, if you're saying that there is currently no fix yet for this issue, what should we do then? Should we just uninstall everything from WA to HELS to Ambitions and just have the Sims 3 base game for now, till EA comes up with the fix for this? pale

Back to top Go down

Post by Yusifer Tue 20 Jul 2010, 05:46

Tecnically, yeah. There's no fix and you can't play the game with WA / HELS installed due to an error that Ambitions fixes... but then Ambitions has its own error, so :s
Yusifer
Yusifer
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3; Ragnarok

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jul 2010, 06:22

Yusifer wrote:Tecnically, yeah. There's no fix and you can't play the game with WA / HELS installed due to an error that Ambitions fixes... but then Ambitions has its own error, so :s

so, does this mean that ALL Sims 3 players in the world who has installed WA/HELS/Ambitions are having the same problems? Or does this happen only in downloaded versions of the game?

And really..what does "Ambitions" fix? I didn't see a single good outcome that was caused by "Ambitions" Sad

oh well, I guess we're stuck with Sims 3 base game then, huh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Yusifer Tue 20 Jul 2010, 11:19

Ambitions fixed an error after a recent WA/HELS update that wasn't there prior, but then Ambitions came with its own error. Even people who bought every expansion legally are having this error as can be seen by snooping around the EA Sims 3 forums.

Pretty much everyone, legally bought or downloaded, is fcked atm.
Yusifer
Yusifer
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 21 Jul 2010, 23:20

m1ndf33d wrote:And really..what does "Ambitions" fix? I didn't see a single good outcome that was caused by "Ambitions" Sad

Hi,

If you Install WA, you'll notice that the launcher won't start any more. Installing Ambitions will fix this problem.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Jul 2010, 05:12

Admin wrote:
m1ndf33d wrote:And really..what does "Ambitions" fix? I didn't see a single good outcome that was caused by "Ambitions" Sad

Hi,

If you Install WA, you'll notice that the launcher won't start any more. Installing Ambitions will fix this problem.

I'm sorry, Sir but Ambitions didn't fix the problem(s) I had Sad .......

but...

Idea I've found a fix for ALL the problems that I was having with Sims 3 base game including EP/SP Smile

sunny (WA/HELS/Ambitions all UPDATED to the most recent versions and ALL works perfectly) sunny

Credits don't go to me as I've found the solution by searching a torrent site. Been using it for almost a week now and it works like charm Smile Thought I might share it here if the Mods/Admin would allow me to paste the link here Smile

Question

Back to top Go down

Post by Yusifer Sat 24 Jul 2010, 07:02

You don't have to post a link. Copy/paste the instructions ~.~
Yusifer
Yusifer
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 24 Jul 2010, 16:01

Hi,

Same as my other post:

A wise Admin wrote:Hi,

That's exactly what we are telling everyone for weeks now,
but it doesn't solve everything. The service initialization error occurs
with people randomly and EA should create a fix for that.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2012, 23:02

none of this makes sense..
i had bought the sims 3 base game, & installed torrents of high end loft stuff, ambitions, generations, town life stuff, showtime, late night, & master suite stuff . . & i did all the updates it told me to while installing each pack/expansion & it just told me to update the sims 3 to 1.34 so i did. but before that everything was working fine, now it comes up with the unofficial game modification thing.?! but the weird thing is, if i push continue, it starts my game. it just won't let me log in because it says i need the updated version although i have it...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 09 Jul 2012, 08:36

Hello,

Please open a new topic, it's easier for us to provide better support. This one is old and the posts in here are no longer relevant since much has changed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top