Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 patch & ultimate fix 1.67 Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 patch & ultimate fix 1.67 Error Empty Sims 3 patch & ultimate fix 1.67 Error

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2014, 04:51

I mounted the base game and installed all of the expansion packs in order without applying the cracks. For World Adventures I could not find SKU in regedit under Sims 3 even though I followed the instruction for Windows 7. I had to give the command "Find SKU". I changed the value HP5 to HP2. Then I applied the 1.67 patch and applied the lastest ultimate fix as suggested. I have no mods. The game launches but after the latest expansion pack (university life) screen takes a long time to load, entering a new or saved game is followed by all of the expansion packs' load screens, one after the other. It does not proceed to the load screen for the world I choose to play in.
Please help me. I have been trying all month and I dont know whats wrong. Sad I am a noob.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 patch & ultimate fix 1.67 Error Empty Re: Sims 3 patch & ultimate fix 1.67 Error

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 01 Feb 2014, 15:31

Hello,

At this point I would advise you to go to Documents/Electronic Arts en remove or rename the folder "The Sims 3". Don't delete it, just remove it from that location to, for example, your desktop.
Now start the game and see if that makes any difference. Start a new world and see how that goes.
If that works, you can go into the folder you renamed or removed and copy your save games to the new "The Sims 3" folder your game has generated. If it doesn't, we'll try something else.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 patch & ultimate fix 1.67 Error Empty Re: Sims 3 patch & ultimate fix 1.67 Error

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2014, 20:52

Thank you for replying! I did as you suggested and I finally got the correct SKU value changed. However, my region is the Bahamas and during installation of World Adventures the install wizard appeared in another language so all I saw were instructions in symbols and could not continue. I tried to skip installing that expansion pack and installed the others by following the installation guide on this site explicitly, but the same problem occurred. The only time I ever got the sims 3 working is by using the crack folders without installing W.A. and the two latest expansion packs and without updating.
I'm sorry to be such a bother but I really love this game and want to fix it. Thank you for helping me. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 06 Feb 2014, 23:30

Necromancer wrote:Thank you for replying! I did as you suggested and I finally got the correct SKU value changed.  However, my region is the Bahamas and during installation of World Adventures the install wizard appeared in another language so all I saw were instructions in symbols and could not continue. I tried to skip installing that expansion pack and installed the others by following the installation guide on this site explicitly, but the same problem occurred.  The only time I ever got the sims 3 working is by using the crack folders without installing W.A. and the two latest expansion packs and without updating.
I'm sorry to be such a bother but I really love this game and want to fix it. Thank you for helping me. Smile 

Hello,

I assume you have tried re-doing the steps from #2 to #4 here ?

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

So did you try renaming the folder "The Sims 3", as Lady ElDi suggested before ?

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 07 Feb 2014, 10:31

Hello,

If you're not sure how to proceed next, you can always join the chatbox when a team member is in there and ask him or her to help you with teamviewer. They can probably fix it fast.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Feb 2014, 17:07

I tried re-doing all steps over 8 times. I paid close attention to all details and renamed the folder as suggested but still the Sims3:WA installer is in symbols.
Yes, maybe I can try the chat. I really hope I can finally get it fixed.
Thank you for your assistance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Feb 2014, 18:55

The exact same thing happens to me as well!
I removed the Sims 3 folder from Documents, as you stated before, but it still is the same...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top