Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't travel&go to university or even move to new town "adults are already traveling" :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't travel&go to university or even move to new town "adults are already traveling" :( Empty Can't travel&go to university or even move to new town "adults are already traveling" :(

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2014, 02:04

Hey guys! Help 
help me please .... when my sim was a teenager .. his mom got a free vacation opportunity and then traveled .. then she returned back after a couple of days .. but after she returned back .. I got a pop up (side-notification) saying "the adults will be back in two days" (creepy right ? Shocked ) and when I tried to enroll in university (for the boy or the mom) the option was not available it was grey and can't be pressed on ... I also can't travel to a different city or move to a new town ... when I try to press on the travel option  it says "the adults in the household are already traveling"
so, I waited for a very long period .. I cleared cache ,I reset my sims, I restart the game but all in vain  scratch  any suggestions ?  No 

Back to top Go down

Can't travel&go to university or even move to new town "adults are already traveling" :( Empty Re: Can't travel&go to university or even move to new town "adults are already traveling" :(

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Feb 2014, 07:57

Rima123 wrote:Hey guys! Help 
help me please .... when my sim was a teenager .. his mom got a free vacation opportunity and then traveled .. then she returned back after a couple of days .. but after she returned back .. I got a pop up (side-notification) saying "the adults will be back in two days" (creepy right ? Shocked ) and when I tried to enroll in university (for the boy or the mom) the option was not available it was grey and can't be pressed on ... I also can't travel to a different city or move to a new town ... when I try to press on the travel option  it says "the adults in the household are already traveling"
so, I waited for a very long period .. I cleared cache ,I reset my sims, I restart the game but all in vain  scratch  any suggestions ?  No 

Hello,

This whole "travelling" system in The Sims 3 is heavily glitched, and there are only "workarounds" for these types of problems.

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves. Look for a folder with the name (Name of your savegame).sims3. Please delete the folder, or move it out somewhere.

Then, look for a folder called (Name of your savegame).sims3.backup. IF you have that folder, remove the .backup ending in the folder's name so that it looks like the one you just moved out.

Now re-start the game. You might have lost some in-game progress, but see if the missing sim is back.

Another idea: what happens if you go into "edit town"-mode and try saving both your sims (the teenager and his mom) into the "bin" ? Does that work ? If it does, you can make a new savegame, and put both sims into that new game.

Good luck, but I'm afraid there isn't much else what I can think of. But I'll still think about it; maybe there might be something else.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top