Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 freezes on initial splash screen after update?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 freezes on initial splash screen after update? Empty Sims 3 freezes on initial splash screen after update?

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 23:23

I installed the latest update, downloaded from the site, along with the ultimate fix. However, whenever I go to run the game, it gets to the first splash screen (the blue one with the green diamond and the '3', before I get the 'The Sims 3 Into the Future has quit unexpectedly' error. Now, I've been getting that for awhile and my game would actually load either way and be 100% playable. However, the message just comes up, the splash screen stays, and nothing happens.

Any ideas? Besides the usual 'remove CC' because I did that, and still end up with the same results.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 freezes on initial splash screen after update? Empty Re: Sims 3 freezes on initial splash screen after update?

Post by Dieneryn Thu 06 Feb 2014, 15:17

Hello,

You could try the following method: 

- Go to your 'Documents' folder. 
- You should see an 'Electronic Arts' folder. 
- Rename the folder to another name.
- Run your game.
- If it works, transfer the files in the old folder ['Saves'] to the new 'Electronic Arts' folder.

I hope that works! Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top