Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Freezes at first loading screen.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Freezes at first loading screen.  Empty Sims 4 Freezes at first loading screen.

Post by Guest Sun 19 Nov 2017, 02:17

Hi,

So I recently installed the Sims 4 with all the DLC's but it freezes every time I load it. I deleted all previous files and reinstalled via https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly this link. The first time starting up was fine but when I got to the last pop-up of the new expansions, in this case Dogs & Cats, it froze up. I restarted my laptop and opened it again. It start up and starts loading but right when the plumbot springs up and reveals the menu it freezes. I can still hear the music but can't do anything other than restart my laptop to use it again. It specs are more than enough to run the sims 4. Can anyone help me? 

I followed the guide excatly, so I have the old game_ file, and moved the entire folder to c:/programfiles(x86)/TheSims4. Is there anything I'm missing?

Last edited by AviX23 on Sun 19 Nov 2017, 02:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot something.)

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Freezes at first loading screen.  Empty Re: Sims 4 Freezes at first loading screen.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 19 Nov 2017, 16:41

AviX23 wrote:Hi,

So I recently installed the Sims 4 with all the DLC's but it freezes every time I load it. I deleted all previous files and reinstalled via https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly this link. The first time starting up was fine but when I got to the last pop-up of the new expansions, in this case Dogs & Cats, it froze up. I restarted my laptop and opened it again. It start up and starts loading but right when the plumbot springs up and reveals the menu it freezes. I can still hear the music but can't do anything other than restart my laptop to use it again. It specs are more than enough to run the sims 4. Can anyone help me? 

I followed the guide excatly, so I have the old game_ file, and moved the entire folder to c:/programfiles(x86)/TheSims4. Is there anything I'm missing?

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the Forum @AviX23,

Did you by any chance use the "Update-Only Ultimate Fix"?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Freezes at first loading screen.  Empty Re: Sims 4 Freezes at first loading screen.

Post by Guest Fri 01 Dec 2017, 20:56

I am having the exact same problem as AviX23 described. I installed it as directed, along with the current update (1.36.104.1020), but I cannot get any further than the very first Plumbob loading screen. It crashes and the only way to close it is to restart my PC. I have looked all over the forum for some sort of solution and cannot find anything. Any information would be helpful!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jan 2018, 18:34

Suffering from it too, any luck?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top