Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 crashes at EA logo splash screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 crashes at EA logo splash screen Empty Sims 3 crashes at EA logo splash screen

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 09:49

Hello everybody,
I am very happy that I have found this forum.
I have been playnig the game without any problems for years...
The base game and several expansions (I dont have any mods) were running without any problems , since I've updated my audio driver. After that the game started to crash at the very begining when the EA logo appears and it freezes at that point, without any error messages and etc...
What I did: I uninstalled the game following your instructions, and steps, cleaning, removing, dissabelling, turning on DEP and etc. It doesnt work the same error. I uninstall the game again, installed the audio driver with which the game was running perfectly, but nothing the same problem...
I have several other games installed in my laptop they are runnig without any problems.
If it is important this is the game pack installed that was running perfectly before updating my audio driver:
Sims 3 base, Late night, Pets, Hidden springs, Diesel, Master suite, town life stuff.
These are my laptop specs:
Toshiba L500, Windows 7 home premium sp1 x64, Intel core2duo T6600 @ 2,20 ghz, 3 gb RAM, Audio: Realtek ALC272, Video: Intel 4 express chipset family 4500MHD.
I have updated my chipset and video drivers.. Installed the game following your instructions but nothing Sad
I will really much appreciate your help

Last edited by radkoalex on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 19:35; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crashes at EA logo splash screen Empty Re: Sims 3 crashes at EA logo splash screen

Post by Admin Sat 01 Sep 2012, 18:41

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crashes at EA logo splash screen Empty Re: Sims 3 crashes at EA logo splash screen

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 18:55

Hi,
I am also having this problem but I have already checked the sound and used your fix list to the letter. The sims 3 pets game will load up to the start screen and the prompt me for a disc which i do no have. All the fixes are in the correct place I can assure you because I uninstalled and re-installed three times just t make sure. All of my custom content is gone out of the EA files and I am using daemon lite to mount the cd for the original sims 3 as my original cd was scratched and I copied it from a friend with my own serial number.
Code:
<<<< I attempted to do a screen shot. Not sure if it worked. But please help me! I am running Windows 7 32 bit The sims 3 version is 1.36.45.017002 and keeps prompting me to update to 1.38.151.018002 but I haven't yet because as far as I could see there is no fix for that version yet. Would I be correct? And the Sims 3 pets I downloaded as a "fixed" program and should not need a disk. Please le me know because this is driving me bonkers lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 19:46

Admin wrote:Hello,

Welcome to the Forum!
Try this, just to be sure: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t771-cod-world-at-war-call-of-dutyr-compaign-coop-doesnt-work-anymore-fix

Thank you!

Thank you for your reply!
Unfortunately nothing helps at all. Now I completely uninstall the game i have installed only the base game, I updated it to the latest vesion i didnt put any crack or fix - nothing.. I started the game- no error messages, no insert cd's or whatever just the same story.
Do you have any other suggestions?

Last edited by radkoalex on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 19:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am not sure whether the screen shot that im trying to upload is visible)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 01 Sep 2012, 20:28

Hello,

Can't you remove all audio drivers?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Sep 2012, 19:24

I tried with removing the audio but still nothing..
This is the error report from one diagnostic tool if you guys think that it could be helpful
Report Id:

1201 - Time : 9/2/2012 3:44:32 PM
1202 - Source : Application Error
1203 - Description : Faulting application name: Sims3LauncherW.exe, version: 0.2.0.165, time stamp: 0x501723c8
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x02e5f00c
Faulting process id: 0x17e8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd88dec9f0b1a3
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Sims3LauncherW.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 07e4a5cc-f4d2-11e1-9a92-002622ef9396

1201 - Time : 9/2/2012 3:44:05 PM
1202 - Source : Application Hang
1203 - Description : The program TS3W.exe version 0.2.0.165 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 1680
Start Time: 01cd88de8a247b9e
Termination Time: 31
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe

I checked the problem history in the Action Center control panel but there is no additional information
Thank you very much in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 03 Sep 2012, 21:55

Hello,

Hmmm... I think this is a problems for TeamViewer.
Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online on the Forum. We'll what we can do via TeamViewer for you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 19:58

Do you have any games installed with Origin?

I was having this problem yesterday and today when I opened the launcher, an error message came up saying "Origin could not be opened". So I looked for Origin on my computer and as soon as I clicked it, it updated on its own.

Since Origin was outdated, the game was not loading (I have World Adventures in Origin since I chose the online delivery option for that game). Once it was updated, my game started without a lag/stop at the EA screen.

Hopefully this helps you!

Happy Simming!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Sep 2012, 14:28

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I have tried this one as well. The origin is updated to its final version. I have tried all possible tricks and tips.. nothing helps Sad I have much more hardware demanding games, several EA games as well, everything runs perfectly and smoothly but Sims 3 Sad. Please, if you have any other suggestions how to solve this issue share it. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Tue 18 Sep 2012, 19:22

Or just rollback your Audio Drivers?

If you ever update something, and it causes something not to work, it's not really worth the benefits of having it updated.

I recently tried to update my Wireless Adapter, it worked fine. I saw a update for it and I tried it but once the update finished installing, I got the always lovely blue screen of death, with the error being part of the driver, tried several times to install it, checked online, and a lot of others were having the issue, so I just have had it on the older version of the driver.\

Edit: or Umm I should read the OP several times shouldn't I, since they said they did install a driver which it ran fine. But then again, rolling back to the older version is worth a shot instead of installing a older driver.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Sep 2012, 04:21

There is one other thing I just remembered I have to do EVERY SINGLE TIME before I even start the game/open launcher.

As soon as my computer starts up, I go to My Documents, find the Electronics Art folder and right click it. I choose Properties. A window opens up with tabs: General, Sharing, etc...

When General is open, there are two little squares close to the bottom. One of them is blue and says "Read Only (only applies to files in folders)"

I click the blue square so that it is no longer blue (I uncheck it, in other words), and then I click "Apply". The computer does it's thing that takes a little under a minute. When it's done, I click OK. The window closes.

Only after I do this, I go and click Sims 3 to open to launcher.

If I don't do this, my games, if they make it past the EA screen, will not load. Give it a shot, hopefully it works!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Sep 2012, 09:45

Thank you for the tip. I will try this one as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 27 Sep 2012, 21:08

Hello,

Let us know the result, please. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top