Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crashes on Sims 3- out of ideas, I followed each step

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crashes on Sims 3- out of ideas, I followed each step  Empty Crashes on Sims 3- out of ideas, I followed each step

Post by Guest Thu 06 Feb 2014, 21:54

Hello!
So, firstly let me thank you for doing such a great job with those tips on how to solve the crashes in Sims 3. Without you, I wouldn't have succeeded in increasing the time between the starting of the game and the crash (without applying any solutions I had maybe 10 min. of game, and now I managed to increase the time up to 1 h before crashing).
Now, some general information about my situation:
-Fresh install of Windows 7 ultimate, 32-bit (ran the systemrequirement test- my computer is fit to run this game)
-Sims 3 base game of Razor 1911
-patched with the latest version manually
-Supernatural EP -games4theworld (after so many uninstallings and installings I chose one to see if Into the future causes the problem)
-applied the ultimate fix
-used CCleaner after uninstalling+computer restart
-DEP solution used (successfully towards 1 hour!)
-Gamebooster used
-Game blocked through the firewall+ disconnection from the internet
-Nvidia driver version up to date
-lowering the graphics+resolution
-forgot to mention that I start the game from the bin folder
Game crashes randomly -CAS or live mode, after saving it or not.
I will try tomorrow to install it on my other computer to see if indeed I do something wrong myself or because the computer which currently runs the Sims 3 does not meet some requirements. 
It is the third day, I am out of ideas, please help me out with some suggestions!
I hope someone can help me.
Thank you,
Idalline

Back to top Go down

Crashes on Sims 3- out of ideas, I followed each step  Empty Re: Crashes on Sims 3- out of ideas, I followed each step

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 06 Feb 2014, 22:43

Idalline wrote:Hello!
So, firstly let me thank you for doing such a great job with those tips on how to solve the crashes in Sims 3. Without you, I wouldn't have succeeded in increasing the time between the starting of the game and the crash (without applying any solutions I had maybe 10 min. of game, and now I managed to increase the time up to 1 h before crashing).
Now, some general information about my situation:
-Fresh install of Windows 7 ultimate, 32-bit (ran the systemrequirement test- my computer is fit to run this game)
-Sims 3 base game of Razor 1911
-patched with the latest version manually
-Supernatural EP -games4theworld (after so many uninstallings and installings I chose one to see if Into the future causes the problem)
-applied the ultimate fix
-used CCleaner after uninstalling+computer restart
-DEP solution used (successfully towards 1 hour!)
-Gamebooster used
-Game blocked through the firewall+ disconnection from the internet
-Nvidia driver version up to date
-lowering the graphics+resolution
-forgot to mention that I start the game from the bin folder
Game crashes randomly -CAS or live mode, after saving it or not.
I will try tomorrow to install it on my other computer to see if indeed I do something wrong myself or because the computer which currently runs the Sims 3 does not meet some requirements. 
It is the third day, I am out of ideas, please help me out with some suggestions!
I hope someone can help me.
Thank you,
Idalline

Hello,

Even if your computer is strong in terms of hardware, the fact that you're running a 32-bit operating system is a big disadvantage (I don't suppose you want to erase your system and re-install a 64-bit Windows ?). Having a 32-bit system means that your computer cannot use more than about 2 GB of RAM; you might be able - with some tweaking - to increase it to 3 GB, but while according to the official system requirements this is 'enough', experience shows that you're very prone to getting all sorts of issues with that setup (crashes, lags, freezes, save errors, etc.).

First of all, after every crash, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Currentgame.sims3. Inside that folder, delete all contents inside.

Also, in My Documents/Elctronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Also, try this "save files cleaner" here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9396-ts3-save-files-cleaner

But please backup your savefiles before applying this. Smile  Also, this error can be caused by a corrupted savefile. Now..go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves. Look for a folder called...

(Name of your savegame).sims3 and MOVE that folder out somewhere.

Then look for the folder (Name of your savegame).sims3.backup. You remove the ".backup" ending so that this folder looks like the one you just moved out. 

See if any of these things work for you; but in general, try shortening your playing sessions and saving in short intervals. After playing for about 45 real-time minutes, exit the game and wait a little while before you re-start it.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Crashes on Sims 3- out of ideas, I followed each step  Empty Re: Crashes on Sims 3- out of ideas, I followed each step

Post by Guest Fri 07 Feb 2014, 06:52

Carlos,

Thank you for giving me these tips. I had no idea about the 32-bit system issue, as before Sims 3 (until the EP of Ambitions) used to run smoothly on my 32-bit! But I guess things changed in the meantime... I will try to increase the RAM or reinstall my Windows on the 64-bit.
I tried deleting those parts, I forgot to mention, but to no avail, unfortunately. 
I will also use that solution of save files cleaner, as you mentioned.
Thank you very much again, and I will return to post if it worked or not!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 07 Feb 2014, 20:58

Idalline wrote:Carlos,

Thank you for giving me these tips. I had no idea about the 32-bit system issue, as before Sims 3 (until the EP of Ambitions) used to run smoothly on my 32-bit! But I guess things changed in the meantime... I will try to increase the RAM or reinstall my Windows on the 64-bit.
I tried deleting those parts, I forgot to mention, but to no avail, unfortunately. 
I will also use that solution of save files cleaner, as you mentioned.
Thank you very much again, and I will return to post if it worked or not!

You're welcome, but have you also tried the following ?

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder The Sims 3, into anything you like. Just change the folder's name. Re-start the game and make a new save. Play on for a while then.

I know this 'solution' is a bit radical, because it will (temporarily) remove your savefiles, and any mods/CC items. But you should still try it. If the same happens in the game, then go back to the location, delete the folder "The Sims 3" and rename the other folder from before "back to normal" again.

Good luck again - and for now, I suggest you also shorten your playing sessions, like I mentioned before already !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Feb 2014, 20:26

Thank you again for your suggestions!
In the meantime I did the following:
1. I installed the game on my other computer. It ran with absolutely no crashing or errors! At last, I could play Sims 3! Therefore, I assumed pretty quickly that my first computer had some problems.
2. I re-installed Windows on 64-bit, like you previously suggested. Afterwards, I tried to install Sims 3, but.... now I get a CRC error during installation (Sunsetvalley.package does not meet the criteria of the cab file), and there are so little tips on how to solve this!

It seems that other games are working (like Assassin's Creed 4)-no crashes or CRC errors during installations.
I seriously consider giving up trying to install Sims on my former computer. It is something that is far beyond my knowledge in computers and errors.
Nonetheless, I managed to play Sims 3!
So, thank you for your assistance!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 12 Feb 2014, 23:39

Idalline wrote:Thank you again for your suggestions!
In the meantime I did the following:
1. I installed the game on my other computer. It ran with absolutely no crashing or errors! At last, I could play Sims 3! Therefore, I assumed pretty quickly that my first computer had some problems.
2. I re-installed Windows on 64-bit, like you previously suggested. Afterwards, I tried to install Sims 3, but.... now I get a CRC error during installation (Sunsetvalley.package does not meet the criteria of the cab file), and there are so little tips on how to solve this!

It seems that other games are working (like Assassin's Creed 4)-no crashes or CRC errors during installations.
I seriously consider giving up trying to install Sims on my former computer. It is something that is far beyond my knowledge in computers and errors.
Nonetheless, I managed to play Sims 3!
So, thank you for your assistance!

Hello again,

The thing with the CRC error sounds strange...on your former computer, what kind of mounting software are you using ? And also, is the software up-to-date ?

An outdated mounting tool on your former computer is the only explanation I have for this CRC error. Wat.  I'm sorry, but other than that I'm clueless.

Is there anything else though, that I can help you with ?

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Feb 2014, 16:10

Carlos wrote:
Hello again,

The thing with the CRC error sounds strange...on your former computer, what kind of mounting software are you using ? And also, is the software up-to-date ?

An outdated mounting tool on your former computer is the only explanation I have for this CRC error. Wat.  I'm sorry, but other than that I'm clueless.

Is there anything else though, that I can help you with ?

I used Magic Iso. Oh, indeed, I didn't think about it. I will try as your suggestion as soon as I can!
It's true that for AC4 I did not use Magic Iso or any mounting tool, so it might be a connection between the two.
Thank you very much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 14:10

Same error. Giving up, probably computer is faulty. Thank you for all the tips!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top