Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 crashes after following each step

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 crashes after following each step Empty Sims 3 crashes after following each step

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 22:54

I've had this problem many times with the sims 3. I've followed every instruction multiple times, and I eventually got it to work but when i tried to download something off of the ea website with my sims points, it crashed again and i have not been able to get it working since. I did all the DEP steps and the NVIDIA steps as well. Nothing is working, please help Sad

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crashes after following each step Empty Re: Sims 3 crashes after following each step

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 26 Feb 2014, 18:41

amandaeris wrote:I've had this problem many times with the sims 3. I've followed every instruction multiple times, and I eventually got it to work but when i tried to download something off of the ea website with my sims points, it crashed again and i have not been able to get it working since. I did all the DEP steps and the NVIDIA steps as well. Nothing is working, please help Sad

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

Now, have another look at this here and do all steps (except step #1 !): https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is 64-bit and if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and then close the patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is 32-bit and/or if your computer has less than 4 GB of RAM.

Then go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Now try re-starting the game. Good luck and let me know how it worked ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top