Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SAVING ERROR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SAVING ERROR Empty SAVING ERROR

Post by Guest Sun 09 Feb 2014, 23:24

Hey everytime I try to save it says error code 12 I have attached picture.

Back to top Go down

SAVING ERROR Empty Re: SAVING ERROR

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 09 Feb 2014, 23:50

stuartewen wrote:Hey everytime I try to save it says error code 12 I have attached picture.

Hello,

There is a nice topic on here dealing with these "save errors". Read up on this here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4523-the-sims-3-save-errors-fix-error-code-12-13-15-16-updated-24-11-2012

Also, if your Windows is 64-bit AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" - and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if you have less than 4 GB of RAM on your computer.

Also, as another step before re-starting the game, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the contents of the folder Currentgame.sims3.

Now, re-start the game. Generally, I recommend that you SHORTEN your playing sessions and save in short intervals. And after playing for about ~45 minutes of real-time, exit the game for a while, before re-starting it.

Good luck - and do give us feedback on oyur progress ! Smile

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top