Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crashing when saving,in CAS and Error Code 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crashing when saving,in CAS and Error Code 12 Empty Crashing when saving,in CAS and Error Code 12

Post by Guest Tue 01 Nov 2016, 11:30

I have WA,Ambitions,Generations,Late Night,Showtime,Pets and Seasons, no Sps, version 1.67. I have 4GB cc (.pakage ones only, and few sims 3 pack ones) most is cas stuff and poses,I have master controller,story progression,overwatch, career something and woohooer from nraas. The game first glitches (not always) when entering Build,Buy,scrapbook and collections,the window and thumbs are black but the words arent. It crashes often i cas when loading clothes or acc wich takes about 30-60secs, i don't have alot cc clothes bout 10 things for every gender and age group in every category.Same with acc except i have about 15-20 custom acc for adult female and less for any other age group and gender. I personally think that isn't alot. It also crahes when i'm trying to save the game,it saves like 30 seconds to a minute then it directs me to desktop without freezing, it also happens often but not every time. Sometimes while saving a window with "Error Code 12" appears. I was looking for answers on the net and i changed the graphic memory to about 6GB RAM,its much better but it still happens.

What should I do? Removed some of my cc and cant anmore,im a cc addict Oh my... .Should i uninstall an ep, im planning showtime, its kinda useless, or if you have a better solution? My specs are 3GB ram, Win 7 Ult 32-bit SP1,AMD Athlon LL X2 215 Processor, AMD Rhadeon HD 6450. I know that my computer is crappy for sims 3 with eps and cc but i'm planing to upgrade it, so can you recommend me whats best to upgrade for most games but only one thing?

Back to top Go down

Crashing when saving,in CAS and Error Code 12 Empty Re: Crashing when saving,in CAS and Error Code 12

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Nov 2016, 17:08

nadezdabeka wrote:I have WA,Ambitions,Generations,Late Night,Showtime,Pets and Seasons, no Sps, version 1.67. I have 4GB cc (.pakage ones only, and few sims 3 pack ones) most is cas stuff and poses,I have master controller,story progression,overwatch, career something and woohooer from nraas. The game first glitches (not always) when entering Build,Buy,scrapbook and collections,the window and thumbs are black but the words arent. It crashes often i cas when loading clothes or acc wich takes about 30-60secs, i don't have alot cc clothes bout 10 things for every gender and age group in every category.Same with acc except i have about 15-20 custom acc for adult female and less for any other age group and gender. I personally think that isn't alot. It also crahes when i'm trying to save the game,it saves like 30 seconds to a minute then it directs me to desktop without freezing, it also happens often but not every time. Sometimes while saving a window with "Error Code 12" appears. I was looking for answers on the net and i changed the graphic memory to about 6GB RAM,its much better but it still happens.

What should I do? Removed some of my cc and cant anmore,im a cc addict Oh my... .Should i uninstall an ep, im planning showtime, its kinda useless, or if you have a better solution? My specs are 3GB ram, Win 7 Ult 32-bit SP1,AMD Athlon LL X2 215 Processor, AMD Rhadeon HD 6450. I know that my computer is crappy for sims 3 with eps and cc but i'm planing to upgrade it, so can you recommend me whats best to upgrade for most games but only one thing?

Hello,

There was/is a setting in CAS you could try....if you click on the town hall (or a computer) go to NRAAS -> Master Controller -> Settings -> CAS. and then you see 3 options:

Show in Compact Form: Accessories
Show in Compact Form: Clothing
Show in Compact Form: Hats

By default, the value under all 3 of these options is "false". Please make sure to set them to "true" instead. This should make your CAS load faster & more smoothly, and maybe it can help prevent more problems down the line as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Crashing when saving,in CAS and Error Code 12 Empty Re: Crashing when saving,in CAS and Error Code 12

Post by Guest Tue 01 Nov 2016, 17:42

Thank you i will try it in few hours...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2016, 15:51

It works but it hasnt solved my error and crashing when saving problem but at least i dont have to frustrate over cas,thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 03 Nov 2016, 07:26

nadezdabeka wrote:It works but it hasnt solved my error and crashing when saving problem but at least i dont have to frustrate over cas,thanks

There are some tips regarding these save errors here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4523-the-sims-3-save-errors-fix-error-code-12-13-15-16-updated-24-11-2012

Also: is your Windows a 32-bit or a 64-bit? And how much RAM does your computer have installed?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Nov 2016, 10:37

"My specs are 3GB ram, Win 7 Ult 32-bit SP1,AMD Athlon LL X2 215 Processor, AMD Rhadeon HD 6450"

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 03 Nov 2016, 10:57

nadezdabeka wrote:"My specs are 3GB ram, Win 7 Ult 32-bit SP1,AMD Athlon LL X2 215 Processor, AMD Rhadeon HD 6450"

I'm afraid in that case there isn't that much you can do about the error, apart from the stuff mentioned in Edin's guide (see my previous post). Also, try shortening your playing sessions, and save the game regularly. That way you can at least minimize the trouble. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top