Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error code 12 at saving time

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error code 12 at saving time Empty Error code 12 at saving time

Post by Guest Thu 11 Dec 2014, 09:29

when i add 4 family members and play 2hour,and efit lots of item in house,game did not want to save.shows error code 12 and tell me to consult read me.please suggest me to solve this problem

Back to top Go down

Error code 12 at saving time Empty Re: Error code 12 at saving time

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 11 Dec 2014, 19:25

Saila wrote:when i add 4 family members and play 2hour,and efit lots of item in house,game did not want to save.shows error code 12 and tell me to consult read me.please suggest me to solve this problem

Hello again,

Can you tell me how many GBs of RAM your computer has ? Also, is your Windows a 32-bit or 64-bit system ? In general, see this topic here, for basic information on how to deal with the error:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4523-the-sims-3-save-errors-fix-error-code-12-13-15-16-updated-24-11-2012

If your computer is rather weak, try playing in SHORT intervals. That means, save very often, like every 10 minutes in real-time or so. That means if you then get an error 12, you won't lose so much progress. Good luck again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Dec 2014, 21:25

i got 2gb ram.windows 32 bit.whenever my sims cross every skill level 4 and buy big llots and furniture geme show error 12

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Dec 2014, 23:05

Saila wrote:i got 2gb ram.windows 32 bit.whenever my sims cross every skill level 4 and buy big llots and furniture geme show error 12

I'm sorry to say that, but you do know that your system is is very inferior for running The Sims 3 ? 2GB of RAM is very low, and a 32-bit Windows isn't very good either, though in your case, a 64-bit Windows wouldn't make a difference either.

Like I said above, try saving very often and in short intervals, if you cannot switch to a stronger computer.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 20 Dec 2014, 01:17

Error 12? I usually fix that with "Save As..." instead of regular saves, and it usually solves the problem (we can never know when you're running a 2 GB machine, but you should be ok if you use enough virtual RAM and VERY low settings for your game play, no Custom Content at all, also...).

Watch this Tutorial, it may help...

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Dec 2014, 21:47

SvenT wrote:Error 12? I usually fix that with "Save As..." instead of regular saves, and it usually solves the problem (we can never know when you're running a 2 GB machine, but you should be ok if you use enough virtual RAM and VERY low settings for your game play, no Custom Content at all, also...).

Watch this Tutorial, it may help...

You would also need to take into account though that the operating system (Windows) also needs part of the RAM - approximately a little less than half of the 2GB. This means that TS3 has about 1GB of RAM available to use in that computer.

If you free up system resources to the maximum extent possible, then you can mitigate that, but in the end, this computer is far too inferior for more "modern" games like TS3.

@OP: have you tried using the tool "GameBooster", to free up system resources ? Look here, for a guide, but that's no guarantee that the game will run better. It can only help you, to some extent.

http://dl.razerzone.com/master-guides/RazerGameBooster/GameBoosterOMG-ENG.pdf
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 21 Dec 2014, 10:53

Hello,

As a previous owner of a very low end pc I can recommend using all possible solutions in the thread Carlos linked to in his first reply. 
I only had error 12 once on my old pc and I daresay it's specs were probably lower than yours. If that doesn't help, there are other things we can try.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Dec 2014, 23:03

If I recall correctly, there is a Mod from NRAAS industries to auto-save game Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Dec 2014, 23:24

teajunkie wrote:If I recall correctly, there is a Mod from NRAAS industries to auto-save game Smile

To my knowledge, this NRAAS_Saver mod "only" reminds you (periodically) to save the game. It does not save the game itself, but anyone feel free to correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Oh my...

//EDIT

https://nraas.wikispaces.com/Saver

NRAAS wrote:MOD

Periodically prompts the user to save their game.

Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Dec 2014, 16:23

My bad !
My memory is rusty, I didn't use mod that much to not overload my game. I do remember getting the prompt but thought it was saving by itself. Might explain why I didn't recovered that savegame than .... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 30 Dec 2014, 02:38

teajunkie wrote:My bad !
My memory is rusty, I didn't use mod that much to not overload my game. I do remember getting the prompt but thought it was saving by itself. Might explain why I didn't recovered that savegame than .... Wink

Besides, I personally wouldn't want to have a mod that saves the game automatically. Imagine something goes wrong in your save, and the mod saves the game. Then, when you start the game next time, you have a ruined save basically. 

Maybe if such a mod had an option to turn automated saving on/off, then I would use it, but even then only for a limited amount of in-game playing time.

The Sims Plumbob 1
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 30 Dec 2014, 08:50

Carlos wrote:
teajunkie wrote:My bad !

Besides, I personally wouldn't want to have a mod that saves the game automatically. Imagine something goes wrong in your save, and the mod saves the game. Then, when you start the game next time, you have a ruined save basically. 

Maybe if such a mod had an option to turn automated saving on/off, then I would use it, but even then only for a limited amount of in-game playing time.

The Sims Plumbob 1
Unless the mod could keep the "old saves" by renaming them (multi level backup)...

THAT would be just AWESOME!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Dec 2014, 13:16

That's what the mod propose : a turn around of 3 or 4 different names. And to overwrite when it comes back after a turn-around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 30 Dec 2014, 16:54

teajunkie wrote:That's what the mod propose : a turn around of 3 or 4 different names. And to overwrite when it comes back after a turn-around.
Thanks! I will try that, eventually... Wink
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 13 Jan 2015, 16:49

Saila wrote:when i add 4 family members and play 2hour,and efit lots of item in house,game did not want to save.shows error code 12 and tell me to consult read me.please suggest me to solve this problem
So, Saila, did you get your problem solved?
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down