Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unknown Error Occurred

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unknown Error Occurred Empty Unknown Error Occurred

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2015, 21:18

Hello there fellow simmers.

I have been playing TS3 for about a year now and since a few months I've been playing with several expansion/stuff packs:
- Base game, High-End Loft Stuff, Late Night, Town Life Stuff (these are all mine (aka legal))
- World Adventures, Ambitions, Fast Lane Stuff, Generations, Seasons, University Life (all downloaded from Games4TheWorld)

Today I tried to install these games:
- Outdoor Living Stuff, Master Suite Stuff, Supernatural, Island Paradise, Into The Future (all downloaded from Games4TheWorld)

I followed the guide and applied the Ultimate fix (didn't skip any step)

Now, when I tried to open the game it gave me an "Unknown Error Occurred"
An Admin from this site recommended me to use this tiny guide down below and so I did.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t5363-fix-for-unknown-error-occurred

All worked out fine, but the game still gave me the same error, not opening the Launcher.

Just now I uninstalled the games per order and tried to open the Launcher after each uninstall.
I uninstalled Into The Future, Island Paradise and Master Suite Stuff (leaving University Life and Seasons as they were). 
This time after trying to open the Launcher it worked.

So how can I install the Island Paradise that I uninstalled without getting the stupid error?

I read the thread concerning Island Paradise. It says to uninstall everything and then install again, but I really won't do that. Not again at least (unless there is a way to save your game progress before uninstalling?). I really just want Island Paradise...

Last edited by callsim on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 21:57; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Master Suite Stuff and Into The Future are not the problem, reinstalled them, launcher opened)

Back to top Go down

Unknown Error Occurred Empty Re: Unknown Error Occurred

Post by Guest Sat 21 Mar 2015, 06:16

Is Island Paradise your last installation? If so, you might give it a try, since your installed everything in order recently? I don't think you will receive an error at this part, since I installed Island Paradise perfectly fine from games4world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Mar 2015, 13:23

I installed them in order, with the last one being Into The Future.

Are you saying that if I don't install Into The Future (at all, or as the last one?) then the game will work fine?
Because if so, I will love you to bits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Mar 2015, 13:53

Okay, so I uninstalled Into The Future and then installed Island Paradise. Completed the fix, patched and applied the crack. But it still gave me an 'Unknown Error Occurred'...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Mar 2015, 00:19

Hm, can you give me a detail step? Regarding to following the instruction?
Have you tried testing the EP individuality after you installed it? I feel like in the long run, one wasn't properly installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 16:48

You mean uninstalling everything or just uninstalling except for the base game?

Sorry, I don't quite understand..

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sat 04 Apr 2015, 19:30

Hello callsim,

If uninstallation is necessary, I think it should be full unins. Can you notify us with the latest situation you're in with Sims?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Apr 2015, 15:48

Well, I got TS4. It was fun for a while but it's just too.. less compared to TS3. So I've decided to do a full uninstall on TS3 and see where that'll lead me.

//EDIT

Right now I'm working on a full clean installation. I cleaned everything and I am following your guide Phoebe. I put a comment on that post, if you don't mind, please answer. I'll put the comment here as well:

"I have a question since you said you started with Seasons, did you mean you started with installing Seasons (and then World Adventures or something?) Do we need to install everything in the 'right' order or is anything fine as long as we update through the launcher?"

//EDIT

I did a clean uninstall. Installed The Sims 3 base game. Updated and patched through the launcher. Installed The Sims 3 Island Paradise. Applied the crack. Opened the launcher, or tried to open the launcher and still got "Unknown Error Occurred" so... that absolutely didn't work for me..

//EDIT

Today I tried a new method: bypassing the launcher!

That didn't work out either and gave me this error

Unknown Error Occurred Scherm10

Can I fix this or is this just the exact same problem as "Unknown Error Occurred"? The latter seems the correct one to me :\

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 07 May 2015, 23:49

callsim wrote:(...) that absolutely didn't work for me..

Sorry that nobody got back to you in the meantime. Normally, I only post in the Mac forum when there is some sort of general announcement to make.

However, may I ask you first of all, to please use the "EDIT"-button on your message, if you want to add stuff, instead of posting multiple times in a row ? As you can see, I merged all your posts into one message. Also, please do not post things like "this doesn't work" in Fixes-threads. Questions and problems do not belong in fixes-topics, and those messages will be instantly deleted without any advance warning. Please acknowledge this. Wink 

About the problem at hand, I really cannot help at all, but here's this: I'm sure you will have heard already, that EA's games are generally "optimized" for the Windows platform only ? And even if you can seem to run such a game, there will be some sort of embedded emulator (Cider, wineskin, etc.) that makes it possible to run the game on Mac OS. However, these emulators need themselves a lot of system resources, meaning that you would need a damn strong Mac computer to properly enjoy TS3 and its expansions, on a Mac system. And by "damn strong" I mean a Mac computer with a minimum of 8GB RAM and a super graphics card too.

If you are having such difficulties with getting the game to work, it might be a possibility that you install a Windows partition on your Mac computer (Bootcamp) ? Not only would you then be able to install the game more 'fluently', but the game itself would also run much smoother.

If that is not an option for you (for whatever reason), please wait until Phoebe posts back, or feel free to use the search function, to check some older topics on the issue.

//EDIT

Sorry for "stealing" your show, @Phoebe, but I just had to troll a bit in the Mac forum ( Razz  bounce  ); I didn't really say anything helpful, anyway...

alien  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 May 2015, 13:51

I will just not install it then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 May 2015, 15:28

callsim wrote:I will just not install it then.
It's not really about this but, where did you get the sims 3 base game for mac? I tried the instructions and the link doesn't work anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 May 2015, 15:32

I got it for my birthday. It's in the Sims 3 Starterpack (including TS3, TS3 Late Night and TS3 High-End Loft Stuff). It was bought from Origin.

But if you have a problem it's best if you start your own topic so things don't get mixed up..

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 May 2015, 15:38

callsim wrote:I will just not install it then.

I'm sorry if you felt offended at what I said before, as that was clearly not my intention. But still, you can "thank" EA for the sad situation about Mac compatibility of their games, and not me. Smile  My intention before was to illustrate an alternative view of things. 

My own experience - both real-life and online - has shown that more often than not, you need to adopt a pragmatic view of things, rather than insisting on idealistic views, which usually don't work. Which in your case means at least thinking about running Windows within your Mac computer. Unfortunately, it's a weakness of especially modern European educational institutions, to focus on idealism all the time. But that's already off-topic.

Being pragmatic means considering alternative and non-mainstream solutions too. And very often it will also mean that you have to make compromises, and simply accept things as they are, as unsatisfactory as it can be - instead of trying over and over again the same old 'standard things'.

As for your issue, there are really tons of guides on the web about Bootcamp, Windows, etc. I think, there is even one on the forum here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t13348-how-to-bootcamp-for-worry-free-simming

In the end of course, it's up to you what you make of the tips and hints that you get from team members or other users. Again, my message was intended as showing a possible alternative; nothing more, but nothing less either. No need to feel angry or cynical here though.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 May 2015, 15:50

Ahh yes.. sorry.. I was a bit offended and that was mainly because the game just wasn't working. Don't take it personally, I know you're just being a sweetheart for trying to help.

I've been thinking about bootcamping as well and I just looked at what you provide and I'm not sure what I have to install (which one is best). Since you provide Windows 7 All Editions (x64 and x84), Windows 8.1 (x64) and Windows 7 All Editions. I don't know which to choose, or should I get the one provided in the guide you just gave?

Honestly I just feel like getting a decent gaming laptop (NON MAC) and play on that, that would make me less agitated.. There're a lot of games I want to play that aren't available for Macs. And I think that if I tried playing windows games using bootcamp my laptop would just slow down and stop. Ugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top