Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing onto another hard drive problems (Sims 3 EPs)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing onto another hard drive problems (Sims 3 EPs) Empty Installing onto another hard drive problems (Sims 3 EPs)

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 18:31

Hi, I've been browsing for a solution to my problem for a while now and I can't seem to find one. I don't have enough space in my (C:) drive plus I'd like to just keep it as empty of extra content, while I have plenty of space in my (D:) drive. I can install the base game just fine (which I bought) but when I try to install EP's on top of that I get an error message telling me that I can't, because it could cause my system to become unstable - this is both with bough EPs and torrented.

I created a Games folder, then a Sims 3 folder, and created an Electronic Arts Folder. I was actually able to add World Ad. there (that was bought too). (also haven't tested it yet, *tested the base game tho, everything is fine) But when I tried to add on Late Night(bought), it gave me an error saying that WA is already in that folder. I tried adding Ambitions(torrented) on, same error. So riht now it goes like

Local Disk (D:) > Games > The Sims 3 > Electronic Arts > The sims 3 WA

I saw someone mention on Yahoo that it could be the case that my computer just won't be able to take all the processing or information going back and forth or something, so it would just be better to leave it in (C:). Would anyone be able to verify this? But I can't help but think that I also have SKyrim with all three DLCs in (D:) running with no problem.

Please help! I have all this space..... and so much Sims torrented lmao  No

Back to top Go down

Installing onto another hard drive problems (Sims 3 EPs) Empty Re: Installing onto another hard drive problems (Sims 3 EPs)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 14 Feb 2014, 02:33

Picklejerr wrote:Hi, I've been browsing for a solution to my problem for a while now and I can't seem to find one. I don't have enough space in my (C:) drive plus I'd like to just keep it as empty of extra content, while I have plenty of space in my (D:) drive. I can install the base game just fine (which I bought) but when I try to install EP's on top of that I get an error message telling me that I can't, because it could cause my system to become unstable - this is both with bough EPs and torrented.

I created a Games folder, then a Sims 3 folder, and created an Electronic Arts Folder. I was actually able to add World Ad. there (that was bought too). (also haven't tested it yet, *tested the base game tho, everything is fine) But when I tried to add on Late Night(bought), it gave me an error saying that WA is already in that folder. I tried adding Ambitions(torrented) on, same error. So riht now it goes like

Local Disk (D:) > Games > The Sims 3 > Electronic Arts > The sims 3 WA

I saw someone mention on Yahoo that it could be the case that my computer just won't be able to take all the processing or information going back and forth or something, so it would just be better to leave it in (C:). Would anyone be able to verify this? But I can't help but think that I also have SKyrim with all three DLCs in (D:) running with no problem.

Please help! I have all this space..... and so much Sims torrented lmao  No

//MOVED

Hello,

No, you should NOT screw around and make "program folders" yourselves. You should let the installer do that.

Please get rid of everything again, and after you properly un-installed/removed it, re-boot the computer.

Next, please make space on your MAIN hard-drive (C:). You will need space on it, not just for the program files themselves, but more importantly, for your "user data" (a.k.a. the folder "The Sims 3", located in My Documents/Electronic Arts, which contains your savefiles, mods, CC, and other stuff).

Generally, you should also have a little bit of extra space on the main hard-drive for the computer top work properly.

Let us know if you need more assistance during the re-install !

P.S. I moved this to the right forum section. Next, time, do not post in "PC Downloads support" anymore, because Sims questions are not allowed there. Next time, either I or another Mod/Admin will just delete your misplaced topic, so please. Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Installing onto another hard drive problems (Sims 3 EPs) Empty Re: Installing onto another hard drive problems (Sims 3 EPs)

Post by Guest Sun 16 Feb 2014, 19:09

Hi, first of all, thanks for moving it! Sorry it was in the wrong forum!

Ok, so I've uninstalled and removed anything remotely related to the Sims 3, and now I have 36.6 GB worth of space in my C drive, and rebooted. What do I need to do now? Should I download Origin or EA download manager when it prompts me too, as well? Thanks for the quick reply!

P

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top