Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems installing Sims 3. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems installing Sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Problems installing Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 12 Oct 2013, 23:26

Okay, first off all, sorry for the long post (and possible mistakes, English isn't my native language), but I'm really desperate right now. 
I've had Sims 3 (and a lot of expansions, University life was the latest) installed and working perfectly (with many CC), but few months ago I decided to uninstall it AND I was stupid enough to delete installations for all the games. (I'm mentioning this so you know that my laptop can support it and I have enough space on the disk and everything.) 
So few weeks ago I downloaded a new ones from different torrents, they didn't work, so I re-downloaded them all from your site (and update and fix). But something doesn't work, again. I've been installing, uninstalling and re-installing it for days now, I think I'll lose my mind. (Yes, I've read the instructions and also all the other threads about Sims 3 problems here, but I guess I'm still doing something wrong). 
My first problem is that when I install the expansions, almost every time (since I've been trying to install for days now) after some expansions I get the error that it might not have been installed properly and options are: 1. re-install using recommended settings and 2. it is installed properly. I always click the first one and everything seems okay (but usually I get that error after the other EP again).
But when I finish everything and crack it (it is very possible that I'm not cracking it correctly, but I've read and watched your instructions for cracking, so please don't just tell me to see them again Sad ), I either start the game and then get the "disc not found error" or I cannot even start it, when I press "Play" button I get " "Windows cannot find C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." error. 

P.S. First few times when I was trying to install, I un-checked all the boxes for EA Download Manager/Origin, then I downloaded just the one in the base game, then I downloaded and installed it whenever I get that option. What should I actually do with that, should I download it or not, and if yes, should I do it just once or whenever there is an option? 

Thanks in advance, I hope you can help me. Smile

Edit: By the way, I deleted all the remains of Sims 3 from regedit (I know that can be problem sometimes).

Back to top Go down

Problems installing Sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems installing Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Sun 13 Oct 2013, 10:53

Hello,

This error can only be fixed by reinstallation. Please download Your Uninstaller Pro from www.games4theworld.org and uninstall all of your expansion packs and stuff packs and the base game with the Uninstaller Super Mode. Afterwards, install them according to this post. Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Problems installing Sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems installing Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 13 Oct 2013, 15:52

Thanks for replying. I downloaded it and I tried all of the options in the program, but I couldn't find Sims 3 anywhere (I've already uninstalled it from control panel). 
I'll try installing the game again following the rules (again) and if it still doesn't work, I'll let you know.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 13 Oct 2013, 16:17

Brankica wrote:Thanks for replying. I downloaded it and I tried all of the options in the program, but I couldn't find Sims 3 anywhere (I've already uninstalled it from control panel). 
I'll try installing the game again following the rules (again) and if it still doesn't work, I'll let you know.
So you have uninstalled them right? If you do, I suggest you have a look at this: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall to make sure you have deleted all required registry keys.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Oct 2013, 17:41

I did it!!! Very Happy 
The problem was cracking, but thank you for all the replies, I hope they can help someone else. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 13 Oct 2013, 18:38

Great to hear!
Topic closed.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top