Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing the Sims 3 torrent without an optical drive?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing the Sims 3 torrent without an optical drive? Empty Installing the Sims 3 torrent without an optical drive?

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jul 2014, 23:26

Hi so i am currently trying to install the sims 3 on my friends computer. she doesnt have a cd drive so i downloaded the game for her. However, in order for the game to work, you need to mount the two images and one is to show up as an E:/ drive but she does not have one. Is there any torrents of the sims 3 that dont require the E:/ drive, or is she stuck buying an external one? or is there a way to install a "virtual" E:/ drive? If she were to purchase the game online through origin, do the expansion packs require the E:/ drive? I have downloaded the expansion packs on my own computer yet I have a cd drive so I didnt really pay much attention. Thanks so much!

Back to top Go down

Installing the Sims 3 torrent without an optical drive? Empty Re: Installing the Sims 3 torrent without an optical drive?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Jul 2014, 00:30

bdinney wrote:Hi so i am currently trying to install the sims 3 on my friends computer. she doesnt have a cd drive so i downloaded the game for her. However, in order for the game to work, you need to mount the two images and one is to show up as an E:/ drive but she does not have one. Is there any torrents of the sims 3 that dont require the E:/ drive, or is she stuck buying an external one? or is there a way to install a "virtual" E:/ drive? If she were to purchase the game online through origin, do the expansion packs require the E:/ drive? I have downloaded the expansion packs on my own computer yet I have a cd drive so I didnt really pay much attention. Thanks so much!

Hello,

For purposes like this, you need to install "mounting software". Popular examples include DaemonTools, or PowerISO. When you install these programs, they will automatically create "virtual disc drives" on your computer. You can then simply "mount" disc images like .ISO files in these drives. Please read this gudie here, very carefully:

http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/Mounting_Guide.pdf

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top