Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Screen on loading when launching Into the Future

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black Screen on loading when launching Into the Future Empty Black Screen on loading when launching Into the Future

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2014, 14:17

Hello all,

I'm running OSX 10.9.1, and decided to update my Sims 3 with the newer expansions, and to do a clean install. 

I got all the EP and Stuff packs from G4TW, and I own the base game myself. I followed the Mac installation guide, and applied the current Ultimate fix. After I launch Into the Future and hit play, I get the Black Screen that doesn't load. The game is fully updated to 1.67.

I've tried deleting the transgaming and preferences files inside /Users/~/Library/Preferences, and there is no CC at this time, and I haven't found out much else to try. 

One thing I found a little weird was about the icons that show up in the bottom left hand corner of the launcher. The only ones that show up are the base game, High-End Loft Stuff, Ambitions, Fast Lane Stuff, Late Night, Outdoor Living, Generations, and Town Life. World Adventures is there, however it is greyed out and says that it requires installation. However when I navigate to the game in the app folder, all the expansions are there. 

Any help I can get would be much appreciated. 

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Black Screen on loading when launching Into the Future Empty Re: Black Screen on loading when launching Into the Future

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 23:32

Sounds like it didn't install properly.
Have you tried re-installing it?

Also, did you check to see if that expansion was compatible with your mac hardware? I know that my friend's old MBP is incompatible with the Pets expansion and she can't open it, and when she does, it's glitch central.

My Mac pro has issues with some of the expansions too, TS3 doesn't like the Nvidia card in that mac.

Edit: Also, are you using the ultimate fix?

Back to top Go down

Black Screen on loading when launching Into the Future Empty Re: Black Screen on loading when launching Into the Future

Post by Guest Wed 19 Feb 2014, 02:34

This is my second attempt at an install. Hadn't thought about the system requirements, I'll look at those next. 

I AM using the ultimate fix and following the guides for mac that I've found through this site.

EDIT: Yeah, everything seems to check out. This MBP was purchased late 2007 (the model before the unibody) but was top of the line at the time. I've added ram and a bigger HDD since then, and it usually works pretty good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Mon 24 Feb 2014, 04:45

Hello,

The best suggestion I could offer now is to actually reinstall everything. It seems that some of your installs are not fully completed, as Kat_Dog has pointed out.

The instructions for reinstalling are as follows:

(Please click HERE for detailed instructions!)

* If you have previously installed The Sims 3 on your mac, please do a FULL and CLEAN uninstall before proceeding.

1) Install your base game.
2) *Update your base game to the latest version via the launcher's Game Updates tab. [Current: V1.67]
3) Unzip original Expansion Pack files with Stuffit Expander(Skip Steps 3 & 4 if you have downloaded your EPs in .iso or .dmg)
4) Create .dmg files of the EPs with Disk Utility.
5) Install EPs in order of release.
6) Apply the LATEST Ultimate Fix for Mac. (Use ONLY the two files in the main #Crack folder!)
7) Enjoy your game!

Again, if you are unsure about one of the steps, please view THIS GUIDE for images and detailed instructions!

* If the update fails via the launcher for some reason, please download the manual patch instead HERE.
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top