Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification..."

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification..." Empty "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification..."

Post by Guest Mon 03 Mar 2014, 19:01

I'm having a bit of a headache right now... I've spent hours on end trying to make this thing work, and I've followed every single step from the installation guide. Actually, I followed every single step from the installation guide video (there's a link to this video in the installation guide). The only difference is that in the video, the guy copies and pastes every .exe and .dll file from the expansions into their folder, and in the written guide, there's no instruction for this. After doing everything just like in the video, when I try and start the game, I get a message saying: 

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs. Do you want to quit?"

Then I have the option of quitting of continuing. Choosing "quit" quits the game and choosing "continue" loads it, and in the first screen where I have to choose the city to start a game, no buttons work and there are a lot of blank options. This is as far as it is possible to go and pressing "Q" is the only way to quit.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Back to top Go down

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification..." Empty Re: "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification..."

Post by Guest Mon 03 Mar 2014, 20:33

Hello, Very Happy
OK so here's what you need to do:
1.Install at least one of the following expansion/stuff packs:
Into the Future, Movie Stuff, Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations
2. Download the manual patch from here, and run it and let it update to latest version (Vr. 1.67).
3. Download the Ultimate Fix from here, open the Ultimate Fix folder and go STRAIGHT to #Crack folder and copy the content of that folder and paste it in the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
4.Run your game and see if works! Smile
Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification..." Empty Re: "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification..."

Post by Guest Mon 03 Mar 2014, 20:48

I had already done all of these things, in the exact order. Only difference being I didn't go straight to the #Crack folder, I did as it was shown in the video. Also, after installing the base game, I went ahead and tried to install Ambitions. I then got a message saying that I needed to update the game (I assume the message referred to the base game) in order to continue. So I did as instructed and updated (manually) to 1.67, then installed the expansions I want (which include Town Life Stuff and Generations). Then I re-applied the updated, put the crack in the base game's bin folder, as instructed.
       So, my question is, should I uninstall everything and start from scratch?

Thank you very much for your reply

Arthur.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Mar 2014, 20:52

Hello, Smile
If your game is updated to latest version and you're done everything except the Ultimate Fix then there's no need to uninstall anything just make sure you apply the Ultimate Fix as instructed! Very Happy
Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Mar 2014, 21:04

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear on the last post. I did apply the Ultimate Fix. I said: "Then I re-applied the update, put the crack in the base game's bin folder, as instructed". Putting the crack in the base game's bin folder is applying the Ultimate Fix, isn't it?

Thank you,

Arthur.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Mar 2014, 21:18

I am sorry for my previous post, I think I misunderstood you. Surprised
If the crack WAS from the Ultimate Fix then yes you applied it correctly but if the crack is NOT from the UF then you have to reapply it.
Hope that was the answer to your question!
Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Mar 2014, 21:22

No problem, friend! Yes, the crack is from the Ultimate Fix. That's why I'm at such loss! I think I've done everything correctly, and yet the thing doesn't work! That's also why I'm thinking of uninstalling everything and restarting. Maybe I could try to do something different...

Thank you, 

Arthur.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Mar 2014, 23:16

Hello, Very Happy
How does it not work? what's the problem?
But if you really decide to uninstall everything please make sure it's a "clean" uninstall, meaning that there are no files/registry "leftover"! Smile
After you're COMPLETLY done with uninstalling make sure you follow the steps of this article which is pretty clear and simple! Smile
If you have any questions go right ahead!
Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Mar 2014, 23:41

Hey! The problem is exactly what I stated in the first post of this thread. Anyways, I got pissed with the expansions, so I uninstalled everything (like I said I would do), installed just the base game, cracked it with the crack that came with it (so not the Ultimate fix). I also did not update it to 1.67, so it's still in the factory original version. aaaaaand IT'S WORKING! Well, I'll probably want to install an expansion pretty soon, considering I've got almost all of them downloaded and it would be a waste not to try (even though I've already tried more than I should...).

I'll keep you updated with any problems that come up! (if they do)

Thank you,

Arthur.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Mar 2014, 02:49

Hello, Smile
I am kind of surprised that the crack that came with the base game works but still that's great it's working but please note that the cracks in expansion/stuff packs are outdated so when you install an ep/sp make sure you look at my first post to see which one you have to have in order for the Ultimate Fix to work!
Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Mar 2014, 14:27

Thanks for the support and the help. Yesterday at night I decided to go ahead and try to install an Expansion Pack. I really wanted Ambitions, but since I had to have one of those you listed, I also installed Town Life Stuff. Updated to 1.67, applied the Ultimate Fix, and I'm good! It's working!
     I think my mistake in the first place was following the video, instead of the written instructions. I really think that the link to the video should be removed from that article, since it's giving wrong instructions. The video tells you to use the cracks from each ep/sp, while the article tells you not to. I kinda had to guess and guessed it wrong lol
     Anyways, it's all good now. Thank you for everything. If something comes up, I'll make sure to post it here.

All the best! 

Arthur.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Mar 2014, 16:50

Hello, Smile
I'm glad your problem is solved so far! Wink
If you have any questions go right ahead!
Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top