Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another "It looks like you have installed and unofficial game modification... [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another "It looks like you have installed and unofficial game modification... [SOLVED] Empty Another "It looks like you have installed and unofficial game modification... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 05 Sep 2014, 19:19

... that does not match your current version of the Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them-otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs."

Well, I installed all Addons quite a while ago and it worked fine with the ultimate fix. I have no mods installed otherwise. Today I started to install the official version of sims 4 (still downloading). But since I opend Origin for the first time, when I start the game, I get the messege above. I have the latest Launcher version and everythin worked fine until today. Is this a problem caused by origin or the new sims 4 or is there something else I can do?

Thank you for your help!

By the way, nice to meet you :newfag:

Back to top Go down

Another "It looks like you have installed and unofficial game modification... [SOLVED] Empty Re: Another "It looks like you have installed and unofficial game modification... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 05 Sep 2014, 19:29

Hello there and Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Nice to meet you too Wink

When you say Addons, do you mean the Expansion packs and Stuff packs? 

Also, did you make sure that the game is updated to the last version? You should check the Base game version and verify that it's 1.67. In other words, please re-do the Steps #2-4 from the following guide:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Please let us know if this solved your issue! We look forward to hearing from you. Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

Another "It looks like you have installed and unofficial game modification... [SOLVED] Empty Re: Another "It looks like you have installed and unofficial game modification... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 05 Sep 2014, 19:34

Hello SeoY Smile
I mean all expansions and most of the stuff packs. When I installed Island and Future in spring I followed all here recommended steps and updated all versions. Today I tried to update again by following the ultimate fix... so it definitly is 1.67. The problems started after updating origin (but the sims 3 is installed in the EA folder).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Sep 2014, 19:54

I find that very strange. There shouldn't be a reason of why updating Origin would cause problems to The Sims 3, as the Launcher is separated from it. 

Still, I think you should try re-downloading and applying the Ultimate Fix again to see if it did break something...

Also, you should try to run the game directly from the TS3W.exe to check if this could fix it. 

Please let us know how it goes! Good luck!  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Sep 2014, 01:03

I tried both, didn't work. Do I really have to install all expansions again? óò

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 06 Sep 2014, 01:10

Hi there,

No, there's no need to reinstall/uninstall anything!
Can you do me a favor and try, like SeoY suggested, re-downloading the Ultimate Fix?
Remove any old versions you have and then re-do step 3 and 4: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

DO NOT use any old Ultimate Fix versions you might have on your PC. Remove those!

Please let us know the result, good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Sep 2014, 01:32

Hey Smile
I am sorry if you missunderstood. I downloaded the fix today (again, even if it is still the same version like the one from May), first time re-installing the latest launcher version it did not work propperly, so I used the update you suggested in the PDF. After that, I copied the crack and started first clicking the usual icon, and second using the application directly from game/bin. Both times the window blackend, like starting the game and hung up right away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Sep 2014, 01:37

KateLennox wrote:I am sorry if you missunderstood. I downloaded the fix today (again, even if it is still the same version like the one from May), first time re-installing the latest launcher version it did not work propperly, so I used the update you suggested in the PDF. After that, I copied the crack and started first clicking the usual icon, and second using the application directly from game/bin. Both times the window blackend, like starting the game and hung up right away.

So, you are not getting the error of the Unofficial Game Modification now? And I'm sorry, but what PDF are you talking about?

About the crashing, you should check out this link and follow the instructions to see if they work for you:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Please, keep us updated! Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Sep 2014, 02:06

Thank you two for your help Smile
Last time I went back to windows menu after it crashed... and there it was, the friendly error telling me the obvious. So no, it is not gone yet. I have no mods or custom contents at all, only your sims versions for sims 3 and the lately installed official sims 4. Since I had no installations during my last time playing sims some weeks ago and today, I dont know why it is just playing games with me.
Anyway I am going to try your crash-fix now.
Yeah... no... black screen loading and loading... and when finally returning to windows, the error is waiting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 06 Sep 2014, 02:13

Hi,

Please join the Forum's Chatbox. I'm in there now.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 06 Sep 2014, 02:47

//MOVED

Problem seems to have resolved itself.

Topic closed now, please let us know if you need assistance again!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Sep 2014, 03:20

//MOVED

Topic moved (back) to the right section. Razz 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top