Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I already had The Sims 3 Game I just downloaded the expansions so what do about getting Generations & Town Life Stuff to work? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I already had The Sims 3 Game I just downloaded the expansions so what do about getting Generations & Town Life Stuff to work? [SOLVED] Empty I already had The Sims 3 Game I just downloaded the expansions so what do about getting Generations & Town Life Stuff to work? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 17:52

I already had The Sims 3 Game I just downloaded the expansions so what do about getting Generations & Town Life Stuff to work? [SOLVED] 611149516 I already owned The Sims 3 along with High End Loft, Ambitions, & World Adventures so how can I get the Town Life & Generations expansion to work if it is not your version.

Back to top Go down

I already had The Sims 3 Game I just downloaded the expansions so what do about getting Generations & Town Life Stuff to work? [SOLVED] Empty Re: I already had The Sims 3 Game I just downloaded the expansions so what do about getting Generations & Town Life Stuff to work? [SOLVED]

Post by Narong30 Wed 24 Aug 2011, 18:02

ladydc22 wrote:I already had The Sims 3 Game I just downloaded the expansions so what do about getting Generations & Town Life Stuff to work? [SOLVED] 611149516 I already owned The Sims 3 along with High End Loft, Ambitions, & World Adventures so how can I get the Town Life & Generations expansion to work if it is not your version.

Just install all the expansion. Follow the guide given. And then apply ultimate fix.

Follow this step:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Just do not apply any crack during the installation.
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

I already had The Sims 3 Game I just downloaded the expansions so what do about getting Generations & Town Life Stuff to work? [SOLVED] Empty Re: I already had The Sims 3 Game I just downloaded the expansions so what do about getting Generations & Town Life Stuff to work? [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 25 Aug 2011, 11:13

Hello,
This is your "my documents" folder, not your install directory. Look for it here: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, that's where the crack from the fix goes.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 25 Aug 2011, 16:23

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

I already had The Sims 3 Game I just downloaded the expansions so what do about getting Generations & Town Life Stuff to work? [SOLVED] Empty question

Post by Guest Fri 26 Aug 2011, 00:22

Would I have that folder if i bought the sims 3 game instead of using your version?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 26 Aug 2011, 00:55

ladydc22 wrote:Would I have that folder if i bought the sims 3 game instead of using your version?

That depends, if you bought the physical game, you would. If however you have a retail digital copy you may have to look for C:\Program Files\Origin\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 26 Aug 2011, 09:43

Hello,
I don't see a The Sims 3 folder at all, where did you buy your digital copy?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 26 Aug 2011, 23:32

ladydc22 wrote:i bought it from the ea game website
Hello,

And it's not in Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin ?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Aug 2011, 04:51

[img]https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/I already had The Sims 3 Game I just downloaded the expansions so what do about getting Generations & Town Life Stuff to work? [SOLVED] Sims_310[/img]i found the folder but I had to dig around but i followed the installation guide and im still getting a disk error. here's the folder

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 27 Aug 2011, 09:55

Hello,
Hold on, I'm reading your first message again, where you state that your Generations and Town Life Stuff are not G4TW versions.
Would you be willing to download either one of these from G4TW and install it to see if that works with the fix?
I suggest Town Life Stuff which is the smaller file so you'll have it sooner.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 27 Aug 2011, 18:24

ladydc22 wrote:[img]https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/I already had The Sims 3 Game I just downloaded the expansions so what do about getting Generations & Town Life Stuff to work? [SOLVED] Sims_310[/img]i found the folder but I had to dig around but i followed the installation guide and im still getting a disk error. here's the folder
Hello,

Are you sure you copied the files from the "# Crack" folder and not the original files?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Sep 2011, 15:41

my town life and generations are g4tw versions my sims 3 isnt bt i got it i had to start over bt it is working fine nw

Admin edit: You're welcome. Problem solved, topic closed.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top