Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sims3packs don't show up in-game. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sims3packs don't show up in-game. [SOLVED] Empty sims3packs don't show up in-game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 12 Mar 2014, 22:43

edit: After going through many pages in the mac forum on ea, a few people said their problem occured after running their game without cc by checking their box... apparently exiting out of your game won't reset your launcher i guess and it just thinks you never want to run cc again...... wow. i started my launcher, checked the box, and then unchecked it, started the game and it was fine...
amazing.  Wat. 

Thanks to the whole team of games4theworld I was able to get my sims after my pc broke down. So thank you all so much <3 I thought all hope was lost.  Very Happy 

However, I have a problem now. I installed some cc in both .packages and .sims3pack form, and it was working fine. Then I downloaded some more and ran into an error. Something like "exception raised would you like to debug it?" well it took me awhile to figure that out but it turned out a few nraas mods were conflicting or something im not sure what went on there but.. i deleted some and all was well. It also seemed to be some .sims3pack's but to be honest i was just doing trial and error so i deleted a bunch of stuff i didn't think i would miss, and the game worked fine.
It was loading great and all was well. I fixed it just by moving The Sims 3 folder to my desktop, and letting the game generate a new one and add a group of cc and test it until i ran into the error (or didn't)

Well, then for some reason my .sims3pack's weren't showing up in the game.

Ive tried this so far:

• Uninstall the .sims3pack's, and re-install.
  • delete all the cache (dccache included)
  • delete the downloads and from the download folder and delete all traces of them and re-install
  • move The Sims 3 folder to the desktop and let the game generate a new one and ONLY add the .sims3pack files, no .packages 
  • add a few downloads only, and test it
  • add the .sims3pack files to the download folder and install a few via launcher then run the game (didn't work)
  • install 5 eyebrows to see if they show up in-game (they didnt)

i dont know what else to do aside from uninstalling and re-installing the base game and EP's and......... Sad I want to avoid that at ALL costs.

Last edited by Phoebe on Sun 06 Apr 2014, 14:50; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : add things ive tried)

Back to top Go down

sims3packs don't show up in-game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: sims3packs don't show up in-game. [SOLVED]

Post by Dieneryn Thu 13 Mar 2014, 08:52

That's great to know! Anything else you need help with?
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

sims3packs don't show up in-game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: sims3packs don't show up in-game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 14 Mar 2014, 12:05

Actually yes. i didn't download Supernatural the first time around, but now I want it. Could it be a problem since I wouldn't have downloaded in order?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sat 15 Mar 2014, 19:52

Hello,

It shouldn't be a problem if you apply the patch and Ultimate Fix in order.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top