Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Can't Update/Launcher has stopper working/Patch links not working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Can't Update/Launcher has stopper working/Patch links not working Empty Sims 3 Can't Update/Launcher has stopper working/Patch links not working

Post by Guest Fri 14 Mar 2014, 14:52

I always get the same problem whenever I try to download the Sims 3 and I can't ever seem to get past it. Okay, so my base game is always "Razor1911 Final MAXSPEED" downloaded from thepiratebay. After installing it and replacing the proper files, it works. Problem? The version is 1.0.615, aka the oldest. And now if I try to update it, I can't find a good patch, and the links you've provided aren't working for me. 

Every time, the ea one goes "oops! google chrome could not connect to akamai.cdn.ea.com". The mega one says that there's a temporary error, and never recovers. 

Say, if I do find a patch, like the crack provided from your ultimate fix from step 11, the launcher doesn't open and a pop-up says "sims 3 launcher has stopped working". 

Also, you said that we must have an expansion pack installed for the ultimate fix/to install sims 3 correctly, but how can I install one of those expansion packs if it's not updated? I've tried to do it, and as I thought, it says my game needs to be updated.

I don't even know what to keep as a title for this, because I'm not even sure what's wrong. So... I guess you could provide me with different links to a patch? ...and also tell me the solution to the "sims 3 launcher has stopper working" problem?  Sims 3 Can't Update/Launcher has stopper working/Patch links not working Icon_redface Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Can't Update/Launcher has stopper working/Patch links not working Empty Re: Sims 3 Can't Update/Launcher has stopper working/Patch links not working

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Mar 2014, 12:22

sumospandas wrote:I always get the same problem whenever I try to download the Sims 3 and I can't ever seem to get past it. Okay, so my base game is always "Razor1911 Final MAXSPEED" downloaded from thepiratebay. After installing it and replacing the proper files, it works. Problem? The version is 1.0.615, aka the oldest. And now if I try to update it, I can't find a good patch, and the links you've provided aren't working for me. 

Every time, the ea one goes "oops! google chrome could not connect to akamai.cdn.ea.com". The mega one says that there's a temporary error, and never recovers. 

Say, if I do find a patch, like the crack provided from your ultimate fix from step 11, the launcher doesn't open and a pop-up says "sims 3 launcher has stopped working". 

Also, you said that we must have an expansion pack installed for the ultimate fix/to install sims 3 correctly, but how can I install one of those expansion packs if it's not updated? I've tried to do it, and as I thought, it says my game needs to be updated.

I don't even know what to keep as a title for this, because I'm not even sure what's wrong. So... I guess you could provide me with different links to a patch? ...and also tell me the solution to the "sims 3 launcher has stopper working" problem?  Sims 3 Can't Update/Launcher has stopper working/Patch links not working Icon_redface Thanks!

Hello,

As for the MEGA-link, read up on this post here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870p100-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch#114792

Maybe it can help you. And as for the other link, can you try again later ? If it still doesn't work, you might have (unintentionally) screwed around your hosts file, which, if it contains the "appropriate" entries, will block you from entering particular sites. Read up on my tips in this older topic here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t13831-unable-to-download-patch-157-solved

Many game/software crackers recommend to modify that hosts file I mentioned in that topic, in order to prevent your computer from "reaching" certain sites/servers, so that games/software don't get blacklisted. Also, modifying that file is often done during maintenance of websites...but enough of that for now. Razz

If you don't feel confident enough to modify that file yourself, just back it up to a safe place, and then DELETE or move the file out of its original location. After that, try again. Or use a different computer if you can.

That's it for now - good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top