Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 reinstall not working...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 reinstall not working... Empty Sims 3 reinstall not working...

Post by Guest Tue 25 Mar 2014, 16:17

Hello ^_^

So, umm, here's the thing. I used to play Sims 3 since two years ago, on both my desktop and my laptop. However, due to an error on my laptop (it won't recognize the OS), it had to be reformatted. My desktop was reformatted earlier because of BSOD problems. After a few weeks with my newly-reformatted laptop, I decided to reinstall my game, with all the expansion packs I got from you guys (yay~). Since it worked before, and on my laptop no less, I figured that everything would run smoothly.

Not. Sad

Everytime I opened the game (after applying all the Cracks, updating my game, all those stuff), I would first get an "Unofficial Game Modification" warning. I figured that I must've used the older versions of the Ultimate Fix (that I still have) by mistake, so I went ahead and downloaded the latest one. Surprisingly, the warning still popped up. Deciding that I'm gonna play even if that warning pops up, I continued on.

Then comes the next annoying part.

After I messed around with my setting to my liking, I selected a neighborhood and waited patiently for it to load up. It does start loading, but after maybe a centimeter of green on the loading bar, everything stops. I'd press Alt+Tab and I'd get the dialog box that says "The Sims 3 has stopped working". Thinking that maybe my graphics processor can't handle the game (and ALL the expansion packs I had), I lowered all visual setting to its lowest point, even if playing the game will suck because of it.

Nothing. Nada. No luck.

So then I reinstalled the game on my desktop, hoping that it might just be my laptop's... laptopyness that makes the game glitch, buggy, and all that jazz. Nope, no juice with my desktop as well. I get the EXACT same errors.

So I downloaded the Crash Log Analyzer... and it said that I needed more memory. This is especially odd because both my desktop and laptop have always ran on 2GB of memory, but this has never caused problems for me before as I indulged in the game. I even had a TON of CC, mods, save files, saved Sims, you name it. My lapop previously ran under a 64-bit version of Windows 7, but it is currently in 32-bit (for reasons that I failed to inform the guy who reformatted my laptop to keep it in a 64-bit version...). Both my laptop and desktop have a good amount of free disk space in both drives ( C:\ and D:\ )

I tried EVERY SINGLE STEP with the "The Sims 3 crashes/freezes to desktop fix". I even followed the DEP procedure, though I distinctly remember not doing anything with the DEP when I first installed the game. As of now, my laptop still has all expansion packs, save for Into The Future, installed. My desktop only has the base game, Ambitions and Seasons installed. Both also are updated to the latest patch, applied with The Ultimate Fix.

Umm, yeah, I'm sorry for the extremely long post, I just hope someone can help me out, because I miss torturi—, err, watching my Sims with their lives Sad

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 reinstall not working... Empty Re: Sims 3 reinstall not working...

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Mar 2014, 19:59

Eri Berry wrote:Hello ^_^

So, umm, here's the thing. I used to play Sims 3 since two years ago, on both my desktop and my laptop. However, due to an error on my laptop (it won't recognize the OS), it had to be reformatted. My desktop was reformatted earlier because of BSOD problems. After a few weeks with my newly-reformatted laptop, I decided to reinstall my game, with all the expansion packs I got from you guys (yay~). Since it worked before, and on my laptop no less, I figured that everything would run smoothly.

Not. Sad

Everytime I opened the game (after applying all the Cracks, updating my game, all those stuff), I would first get an "Unofficial Game Modification" warning. I figured that I must've used the older versions of the Ultimate Fix (that I still have) by mistake, so I went ahead and downloaded the latest one. Surprisingly, the warning still popped up. Deciding that I'm gonna play even if that warning pops up, I continued on.

Then comes the next annoying part.

After I messed around with my setting to my liking, I selected a neighborhood and waited patiently for it to load up. It does start loading, but after maybe a centimeter of green on the loading bar, everything stops. I'd press Alt+Tab and I'd get the dialog box that says "The Sims 3 has stopped working". Thinking that maybe my graphics processor can't handle the game (and ALL the expansion packs I had), I lowered all visual setting to its lowest point, even if playing the game will suck because of it.

Nothing. Nada. No luck.

So then I reinstalled the game on my desktop, hoping that it might just be my laptop's... laptopyness that makes the game glitch, buggy, and all that jazz. Nope, no juice with my desktop as well. I get the EXACT same errors.

So I downloaded the Crash Log Analyzer... and it said that I needed more memory. This is especially odd because both my desktop and laptop have always ran on 2GB of memory, but this has never caused problems for me before as I indulged in the game. I even had a TON of CC, mods, save files, saved Sims, you name it. My lapop previously ran under a 64-bit version of Windows 7, but it is currently in 32-bit (for reasons that I failed to inform the guy who reformatted my laptop to keep it in a 64-bit version...). Both my laptop and desktop have a good amount of free disk space in both drives ( C:\ and D:\ )

I tried EVERY SINGLE STEP with the "The Sims 3 crashes/freezes to desktop fix". I even followed the DEP procedure, though I distinctly remember not doing anything with the DEP when I first installed the game. As of now, my laptop still has all expansion packs, save for Into The Future, installed. My desktop only has the base game, Ambitions and Seasons installed. Both also are updated to the latest patch, applied with The Ultimate Fix.

Umm, yeah, I'm sorry for the extremely long post, I just hope someone can help me out, because I miss torturi—, err, watching my Sims with their lives Sad

Hello and welcome, Smile

First of all, having only 2 GB of RAM available and a 32-bit (Windows) operating system is "not the best", when it comes to most contemporary games, but let's see.

You said you are using the latest Ultimate fix, but did you also use the latest manual patch, before that too ? And did you CORRECTLY apply the Ultimate fix ? Please have another look at this here and (re)-do the steps from #2 to #4:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Do these steps as precisely as possible. As for the other guide, the "crash/freeze/lag" one, if you have done all steps in there already, then there isn't anything for me to add, because you can't do step #3 there (due to your 32-bit system and 2 GB of RAM). This is actually, along with step #2, by far the most important thing in that guide. And if you can't do that, then we'll have to make the best of it.

If I remember anything else, I'll get back to you. Good luck for now ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Mar 2014, 02:42

Hi~ ^ - ^

I'm aware that my current specs rn aren't exactly the best for this game, which actually weirds me out because I used to play it so smoothly on both my laptop and PC. Maybe it's because I used 64-bit before? IDK Sad

Anyway, yeah, I've used the manual patch provided here, and I'm pretty sure I installed The Ultimate Fix correctly (I had to do it at least five time 'coz, y'know, paranoia). I've always done that since Patch 1.47, with ever-increasing paranoia of if I did it correctly.

Anyway, thanks for the help! I'll update as soon as I re-download the patch and re-applied (the) The Ultimate Fix. ^ - ^ (Here's to me sitting here like a duck while I wait for 4 hours to finish DLing the patch because MEGA won't let me damnitMEGA )

UPDATE::

So after six-seven hours of re-DLing the patch (because the first one died on me D: ), re-patching, re-cracking, re-DEPing and everything else I've done before to fix the whole mess, I (FINALLY!) got it to work. I'm not sure what did it this time, but it's working now and hopefully it doesn't die on me anytime soon~

Also re-installed my other expansion packs on my desktop and it (my desktop) seems to handle the whole thing quite well. Playtested a while ago and everything runs well, even if I improved the graphics~.

Thank you for all the help, Carlos~! ^ - ^

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top