Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Please reinstall The Sims 3" error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Please reinstall The Sims 3" error Empty "Please reinstall The Sims 3" error

Post by Guest Sun 11 Aug 2019, 13:02

Hi. Yesterday my computer had format so I decided to install The Sims 3 Ultimate Collection.
I did everything okay, I used the Sims 3 fix and I installed store content (from games4theworld torrent).
Everything was working, today I was downloading custom content from TSR and I take all of them to "Mods" folder. After this, I wanted to start the launcher but it says there's an error during start. Then I wanted to start game directly from TS3W.exe and I had error I have to reinstall the base game. I found this topic on this forum but the problem was solved by deleting all of the mods. I did it but it's still not working. I really don't want to reinstall game with expansions. I reinstall 1.67.2 update from g4tw page and did all the sims 3 fix once again, still not working.

Back to top Go down

"Please reinstall The Sims 3" error Empty Re: "Please reinstall The Sims 3" error

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 11 Aug 2019, 17:38

lukija wrote:Hi. Yesterday my computer had format so I decided to install The Sims 3 Ultimate Collection.
I did everything okay, I used the Sims 3 fix and I installed store content (from games4theworld torrent).
Everything was working, today I was downloading custom content from TSR and I take all of them to "Mods" folder. After this, I wanted to start the launcher but it says there's an error during start. Then I wanted to start game directly from TS3W.exe and I had error I have to reinstall the base game. I found this topic on this forum but the problem was solved by deleting all of the mods. I did it but it's still not working. I really don't want to reinstall game with expansions. I reinstall 1.67.2 update from g4tw page and did all the sims 3 fix once again, still not working.

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

It is possible to just un-install the base game or any of the other DLC in The Sims 3. Use a program like "Your Un-installer Pro", from the site here:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads/

Install the program and run it. In the main window you'll see a listing of all installed items on your computer. Double-click on the icon that says "The Sims 3" (= the base game of TS3). Choose "Super Mode" and follow all of the on-screen instructions. When finished, re-boot the computer.

Now...re-install only the base game, just run the basegame setup again. Then re-run the 1.67 patch and the 1.67 Ultimate Fix too, and test the game again. I assume you only used WinRAR for extracting the stuff, if you downloaded from G4TW?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top