Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloading sims3 in external disk, error 0x0175dcbb

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloading sims3 in external disk, error 0x0175dcbb Empty Downloading sims3 in external disk, error 0x0175dcbb

Post by Guest Fri 04 Apr 2014, 02:14

Hi, I've installed sims3 torrent from piratebay in external disk G: 
And I want to install the rest of the expansions but I can't install them in C: because there isn't enough space in my SSD
Is there a way to get them all installed in my external disk without getting the error 0x0175dcbb ?
Please Help!!

Back to top Go down

Downloading sims3 in external disk, error 0x0175dcbb Empty Re: Downloading sims3 in external disk, error 0x0175dcbb

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 04 Apr 2014, 04:05

kara92y wrote:Hi, I've installed sims3 torrent from piratebay in external disk G: 
And I want to install the rest of the expansions but I can't install them in C: because there isn't enough space in my SSD
Is there a way to get them all installed in my external disk without getting the error 0x0175dcbb ?
Please Help!!

Hello and welcome,

You should try making some space on your C: drive though, because by default, that's where your savegames, mods and custom content will be saved. And if you run out of space on C:, you might run into trouble. Generally, it's also recommended to leave some "extra space" on the C: drive too, for stability reasons.

As for your issue, try re-doing the steps from #2 to #4 here: 

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Please do these steps as precisely as possible. Also, if that didn't help, check out the following solution in this video:

The solution in the video is for 64-bit Windows systems. If your Windows is a 32-bit system, then the registry location is slightly different than in the video:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Sims.

Good luck for now ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Downloading sims3 in external disk, error 0x0175dcbb Empty Re: Downloading sims3 in external disk, error 0x0175dcbb

Post by Guest Thu 10 Apr 2014, 11:39

My saved games and electronic arts folder is in Drive C
but the game and expansions are in Drive G
can it still work this way?

//EDIT

May I also have the steps to uninstall everything and start again? because the folders are scattered everywhere now

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 10 Apr 2014, 11:55

kara92y wrote:My saved games and electronic arts folder is in Drive C
but the game and expansions are in Drive G
can it still work this way?

//EDIT

May I also have the steps to uninstall everything and start again? because the folders are scattered everywhere now

There are no "special" steps for un-installing. If you choose your games from the System Control Panel (under "uninstall program"), then you have to select a game, double-click on it and follow the instructions, after which you re-boot the computer.

Alternatively, download "Your Un-installer Pro", from G4TW, available here:

http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Install that program, choose the game you want to un-install, then choose "Super Mode", and follow the on-screen instructions. After you have un-installed everything, please re-boot the computer (as in the other "method", via the System Control Panel).

And yes, your saved games are in C: - that's normal. And if your program files folders are in other places, there shouldn't be any issues (normally). Good luck !

P.S. please use the "edit"-button on your post if you want to add stuff to your original message, instead of posting multiple times in a row.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top