Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 windows 8.1. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 windows 8.1. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 windows 8.1. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jan 2015, 06:11

im running windows 8.1 x64, trying to reinstall the sims 3. i have a complete collection that installs all in one that i tried this afternoon that usally works everytime i used it, well today was a fail. when i ran the launcher it was instant crash. so i tried to bypass the launcher and run from TS3W.exe which also was instant crash. i tried many things to get it to work. i checked directx and i have version 11, i have .net framework 4.51, i tried turning off UAC control. nothing works. so tonight i downloaded your complete collection and installed and updated everything and upon going to run i get the same problem with TS3W and launcher. Thanks in advance. im usually really good at figuring stuff out, but this time im totally stumped.

P.S. I also added crack to sims 3\game\bin and checked for video driver updates

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 windows 8.1. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 windows 8.1. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Mon 19 Jan 2015, 11:35

Hi there,

Did you make sure that you removed the other version completely? It might have some leftover files or registry values.
Also try backing up and removing this folder completely: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jan 2015, 17:38

i did an uninstall, but hadnt done a registry scan, and as far as my documents go, i had copied in the old my documents from a previous game when i tried to install the first time yesterday, but upon uninstall i renamed the sims 3 folder in documents to sims 32 and never renamed it back after the first time. wanted to be sure that it was working first.

im pretty much on a fresh install of windows 8.1. only been running it a week. last time i had sims installed i was on windows 7 x64. but i have a tendency to bounce between windows 8 and windows 7 installations like once per year out of boredom lol. never had a problem as i remember in windows 8 before.

I suppose i'll try a sims 3 uninstall again and download Advanced system Care 8 pro and do a registry scan. havent gotten around to reinstalling that yet. then i'll reinstall sims 3 and see if i have better luck.

atleast now i know it doesnt matter what sims 3 installer i use, that both had same effect.

I'll report back what happens when i finish.

EDIT//

Did a complete uninstall, registry sweep and reinstall, same result... instant crash upon launch.

EDIT//

Just tried doing a windows 8.1 system refresh. lost all my installed games and programs. reinstalled sims 3 and same thing happened.  bounce

EDIT//

ok, I just uninstalled, cleared registry and tried to reinstall using the base game only from my retail SIMS 3 DVD and it worked, when i installed i had tried using windows vista compatability as well as run as administrator. i had luck, the launcher started up. i tried adding the crack to it and tried again and it still started up. perhaps its my installer compatability settings that were causing the problem. so once again im installing the collection with my new settings, hopefully that will solve the problem. will let you know.

//EDIT

Problem Solved!

Installed with windows vista compatibility and with administrator rights.

Put vista compatibility and admin rights also on TS3W.exe and on Sims3Launcher.exe.

Wish i figured this out before doing system refresh, but oh well life goes on.  Sims 3 windows 8.1. [SOLVED] 3872638800

Last edited by Misfit203 on Thu 22 Jan 2015, 06:46; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Jan 2015, 14:40

That's why I still use Windows 7 (x64).  Haters gonna hate  Literally everything is working on that Windows OS.

But good to hear you managed to get it working. Problem solved, topic closed. Have fun !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top