Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Supernatural and Sweet treats issue- won't play after pressing play :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Supernatural and Sweet treats issue- won't play after pressing play :( Empty Sims 3 Supernatural and Sweet treats issue- won't play after pressing play :(

Post by Guest Fri 18 Apr 2014, 08:28

Please  Help help... :newfag: I have successfully installed a few expansion packs from you guys and they are great! Thanks. The issue I am having is when I installed Supernatural (also previously had this same problem with Sweet Treats) with no issues in the installation process upon opening the launcher directly or even from the TS3.exe it seems to have removed Island Paradise(the icon isn't lit at the bottom of the launcher).
Not only this but once I hit play I get nothing...not the usual loading images etc. I cannot play Sims 3 at all unless I restore my computer to before the last install (in this case being the Supernatural expansion and as I mentioned above exact same issue with Sweet treats too) Sad . I have played Island Paradise without any issues since I installed it and am wondering why these 2 particular expansions/packs are resulting this way and won't allow me to play?
Please help...I have updated when/if prompted to in installation process and currently have the following expansion and stuff packs:
*The Sims 3 Master suite stuff (bought disk new)
*The Sims 3 Island Paradise (downloaded from GamesForTheWorld)
*The Sims 3 Katy Perry's Sweet Treats (downloaded from GamesForTheWorld)-installed fine but experienced problem outlined above.
*The Sims 3 Showtime (downloaded from GamesForTheWorld) + Katy Perry limited edition Showtime stuff.                  
*The Sims 3 Supernatural (downloaded from GamesForTheWorld)-installed fine but experienced problem outlined above.

I have the Sims 3 Base game version 1.54.95.022001.
When I open the launcher the icons lit are The Sims 3 base game(obviously lol), Master Suite, Showtime and Supernatural- Island Paradise icon is not lit although it's installed and Sweet treats is not lit as I restored my PC to before its install when I had the same issue I am now having with Supernatural. I am hoping the solutions I am presented with here will rectify the problem for both Supernatural and Sweet Treats.

Also thought I'd ask how can I register my base game with Origin/EA(it was obtained via download/torrent)?I bought the Roaring Heights Download only(no disc included) and have opened it only to find that I have to have the base game registered in order to proceed with the download...have I completely wasted my $29- or is there a way I can get a legit code that will allow me to register my base game?? this is stressing me out as I really shouldn't have spent the $29- on it as I don't have that kind of $$ to just throw away Sad I am sorry if i was supposed to post this question as a new topic  Crying or Very sad 

This is my first post on this site and would love to take this opportunity to say you guys are awesome and thanks soo much for sharing your knowledge etc. I am unsure if I have posted this in the correct place or even how I will know if I get a reply lol.

Last edited by CraftyOne;p on Fri 18 Apr 2014, 10:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to reword and make more legible.)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Supernatural and Sweet treats issue- won't play after pressing play :( Empty Re: Sims 3 Supernatural and Sweet treats issue- won't play after pressing play :(

Post by Guest Fri 18 Apr 2014, 12:27

try patching your game to the latest version? (v.1.67.2)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Supernatural and Sweet treats issue- won't play after pressing play :( Empty is this how i reply?

Post by Guest Fri 18 Apr 2014, 13:21

unsure how exactly to do that...can somebody run me through it plz?
attach any links to the patch download and instructions on how to use it would be much appreciated thanks.
Do I go to the games 4 the world website and fixes? and download The Sims 3 Ultimate Fix-PC-Mirror? 

Last edited by CraftyOne;p on Fri 18 Apr 2014, 13:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : reply)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Supernatural and Sweet treats issue- won't play after pressing play :( Empty Re: Sims 3 Supernatural and Sweet treats issue- won't play after pressing play :(

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 18 Apr 2014, 19:15

CraftyOne;p wrote:unsure how exactly to do that...can somebody run me through it plz?
attach any links to the patch download and instructions on how to use it would be much appreciated thanks.
Do I go to the games 4 the world website and fixes? and download The Sims 3 Ultimate Fix-PC-Mirror? 

Hello,

What the previous poster suggested was incomplete: I recommend you just follow the steps from #2 to #4 in the following guide:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Follow these steps precisely; they should be pretty straightforward. Also, you can ONLY "register" games that you actually BOUGHT. Buying just a "world" is no enough - you need to buy the base game and/or at least one of the expansions. And when you have at least one legit game, you can use the serial number of that game to make an account at EA.

Hope this helps you a bit ! Smile  

//EDIT

You can actually download Sims 3 neighborhoods and many other store items, at the following site:

http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Apr 2014, 05:11

Ok will do. Currently downloading both the update .exe and the ultimate fix .rar
It doesn't matter if I download them both at the same time does it? As long as I drag and drop the .exe and .dll contained in the fixes crack folder at the specified time? Or do i have to wait until I have completed updating the game to the latest version before I download the fix?
I will let you know how I go once I have tried it all. Unfortunately my internet is running very slowly as I reached my download limit lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 19 Apr 2014, 06:35

CraftyOne;p wrote:Ok will do. Currently downloading both the update .exe and the ultimate fix .rar
It doesn't matter if I download them both at the same time does it? As long as I drag and drop the .exe and .dll contained in the fixes crack folder at the specified time? Or do i have to wait until I have completed updating the game to the latest version before I download the fix?
I will let you know how I go once I have tried it all. Unfortunately my internet is running very slowly as I reached my download limit lol.

Hello,

Only after updating via manual patch to the latest version should you apply the Ultimate Fix. Good luck!
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Supernatural and Sweet treats issue- won't play after pressing play :( Empty Updater issue-Vista error

Post by Guest Sun 20 Apr 2014, 06:00

Hmm i'm having an issue already...after downloading the updater and clicking to run it I get an error saying;
SetupNew\setup.cpp(140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$
@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (7601)
IE Version: 9.11.9600.16521

I have attached a picture(snipping) of the exact error to this message. I think...well i tried to lol.
Do I have to download or place the updater in a particular folder for it to update Sims 3? Or does this error mean i require vista? I am running Windows 7.
I downloaded using Chrome and it took allnight Sad I just googled the error and came across a post made on this forum posted by Shai07 titled Windows 7 Will Not Allow to Patch game (Vista error???)!! I will follow the instruction given to them and hopefully will get the same result.
Please tell me where the updater needs to be placed on my PC...or doesn't it matter?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Apr 2014, 07:53

CraftyOne;p wrote:Hmm i'm having an issue already...after downloading the updater and clicking to run it I get an error saying;
SetupNew\setup.cpp(140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$
@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (7601)
IE Version: 9.11.9600.16521

I have attached a picture(snipping) of the exact error to this message. I think...well i tried to lol.
Do I have to download or place the updater in a particular folder for it to update Sims 3? Or does this error mean i require vista? I am running Windows 7.
I downloaded using Chrome and it took allnight Sad I just googled the error and came across a post made on this forum posted by Shai07 titled Windows 7 Will Not Allow to Patch game (Vista error???)!! I will follow the instruction given to them and hopefully will get the same result.
Please tell me where the updater needs to be placed on my PC...or doesn't it matter?

If you say it "took all night", then the cause might be your internet connection. When this error happens, we suggest using a different internet browser and NOT pausing or interrupting the download, because otherwise, the pause/interruption can corrupt the download.

However, if your internet connection tends to be unstable, then I'm unsure. At the moment, I can only suggest you re-download again, at a later date (preferably try downloading at nights, if you can). And again, don't pause/interrupt the download. And you may even try a different browser.

You might even ask a friend/relative (if possible), who has a more "stable" internet connection, to download that file for you. That is, if your internet is indeed "unstable". Good luck ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Apr 2014, 12:09

yeahmy download speed is at varying between 4.0KB/sec and 25kb/sec...so its saying going to take between 1-2days to re-download on firefox. I previously used chrome.
Is there a quicker way to re-download? can it be emailled to me or something?

Last edited by CraftyOne;p on Sun 20 Apr 2014, 12:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update info)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Apr 2014, 12:12

CraftyOne;p wrote:yeahmy download speed is at varying between 4.0KB/sec and 25kb/sec...so its saying going to take between 1-2days to re-download on firefox. I previously used chrome.
Is there a quicker way to re-download? can it be emailled to me or something?

Have you tried this link here too ?

http://goo.gl/ZiGC6I
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Apr 2014, 09:14

Ok heres where I am at. I re-downloaded the updater with Firefox it worked Smile. Out of curiousity I tried to play Sims 3 (without firstly doing the Ultimate Fix) to see if the updater alone had any impact on whether the game would play with Supernatural installed (being the expansion I began having this initial issue with...and Sweet treats)...to my amazement after clicking Play it began to load!! YAY! lol. But after just a few minutes crashed, i tried to play again and crashed again...both times during create-a-sim mode.
I decided to redo the updater and follow up with the fix. I opened the The_Sims_3_fix.rar (using WinRar) I got this error;

!   C:\Users\Family\Downloads\The_Sims_3_fix.rar: Unexpected end of archive

ERROR i get when i double click on the TS3w.exe (size 14,510,400) contained in All expansion packs released after and including Generations folder which was in the The_Sims_3_fix.rar(opened it with WinRar).
!   C:\Users\Family\Downloads\The_Sims_3_fix.rar: CRC failed in All expansion packs released after and including Generations\TS3W.exe. The file is corrupt
!   C:\Users\Family\Downloads\The_Sims_3_fix.rar: Unexpected end of archive

!   Cannot execute "C:\Users\Family\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.364\All expansion packs released after and including Generations\TS3W.exe"

Looking at step 4 of how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly I see that there is mean't to be a Crack folder which contains the .exe and a .dll file...I dont have a crack folder?! in the Ultimate fix .rar I downloaded (it was 50.9MB), hmmm I'm puzzled now. I am familiar with the .exe and .dll files from doing the exact same process when cracking other expansion packs etc.
I see the following is supposed to be Included with the Ultimate fix download:
- Installation Guide (Of course Wink)          <
- All original files                                     <
- The latest crack                                   <
I got the following- The_Sims_3_fix.rar - opened and it contained a folder named "All expansion packs released after and including Generations" and in that folder was TS3W.exe and thats all.

So I am now going to re-download the Ultimate Fix also using Firefox and hope that works. I will update you soon.
Am i doing something wrong? Please tell me if you see this before I post again. I am just double clicking the .rar and opening it using Win rar so if thats incorrect plz tell me...thats how I usually access the crack folder. I am unsure if I am even doing whats required with the .rar file.
Thanks guys.

//EDIT

Ok re-downloaded the Ultimate Fix to find all the necessary elements contained in the .rar file YAY! followed the instructions and it works...yay!! I can finally play Sims 3 again lol. I even installed Sweet Treats again before applying the fix...all good! Woot! Woot!
Just while I have your attention I would like to say Thank you soo much for your time and help Sims 3 Supernatural and Sweet treats issue- won't play after pressing play :( Icon_wink

//EDIT

Nooooo! Sims 3 Supernatural and Sweet treats issue- won't play after pressing play :( Icon_sad still crashing...can't play it afterall! any suggestions?  Sims 3 Supernatural and Sweet treats issue- won't play after pressing play :( 2830496658  

I've done the updater and Ultimate fix but eventhough it loads and allows me to get into Create-A-Sim i can not complete that phase without crashing. So any other suggestions would be much appreciated otherwise my only option is to uninstall everything back to where I had it working last and stay at that point...or try other expansions instead?! 

Last edited by Carlos on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 17:03; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : clarify further)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Apr 2014, 17:08

Hello,

Just to make sure: have another look at this here and (re-)do the steps from #2 to #4: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Now, have a look at this other topic here and do all steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.
Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3.

Good luck !

P.S. next time, please click on the "edit"-button in the top right corner of your post (after the message is posted). This will allow you to add stuff to your original message - and it also means less work for me, since I have to merge your multi-posts into a single post. Smile

P.P.S. Posting multiplie times in a row is considered like spamming on here, even if that wasn't your intention. Please refer to the forum rules (the link in my signature on the left - "G4TW forum rules" - will lead you to the rules, which you are supposed to read before registering on this forum).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Apr 2014, 06:32

Firstly I apologise for "spamming" this is the 1st forum I have ever registered for and used so again I apologise. Although I did hit Edit on occassion when updating replies I submitted within the past hr or so.
Ok so I am using a laptop which states it has 4GB of ram installed below are my system properties;
SYSTEM
Manufacturer;         Samsung Electronics
Rating;                  4.9 Windows Experience Index
Processor;              Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU    M370    @ Samsung
                            2.40GHz 2.40GHz
Installed memory;    4.00GB (3.85 GB usable)---------is this ok to use the 4GB patch with?               
System type;          64-bit Operating system
Pen and Touch;       No Pen or Touch Input available for this Display  

I have played Sims 3 smoothly and successfully on this same laptop...not all that long ago :(Based on the info above(my amount of memory) I am unsure if using the 4GB patch is useful?

OK I did the patch...window? C/program files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin TS3W.exe. and the others steps.

Now for the DEP exception list what .exe files? the .exe files I have in The Sims 3 Game Bin are the TSL Helper, the Sims3LauncherW.exe and Sims3Launcher.exe is that right? I just finished the DEP list and am hoping I did it all correctly...I was supposed to go into each of my expansions etc. Game\bin folder and add all the .exe files yes? even the TSLhelper?
As for your advise above with regard to;

My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff: I deleted all the items listed except I didn't have a WorldCache folder to delete anything from...is that a problem?
I am going to try play now and see how it goes.

Last edited by CraftyOne;p on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 09:17; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : update on where I am at.)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 25 Apr 2014, 18:55

Yes, the "4 GB patch" should be working in your system configuration. Also, if you followed the instructions of the DEP, then I think everything should be OK too. Smile

And nevermind about the "WorldCaches"-folder, just go on with the other files then. Feel free to report back to us ! 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Apr 2014, 03:55

Ok i've completed all the steps you recommended(more than once just to be sure I did them all properly) but the game is still crashing in both Create-a-sim and if i just play without creating a new game...I get to play for roughly 10mins then I get a window saying Sims 3 has stopped working etc. :(I even turned the anti-virus off and all the graphics settings are as low as possible.

Just wondering what my options are now? I am thinking I might have to uninstall everything and start from scratch(uninstall & re-install base game and everything else...start afresh)? Or is that pointless? I figure if I try this and am still having issues I can go through the entire fix process' I already completed and if I am still crashing I guess thats the end of The Sims 3 for me Sad
It's just frustrating because it was all working fine before the installation of Supernatural...I really wanted to experience what that expansion has to offer. Maybe I should just not worry about re-installing that pack?
Thanks for your help so far and I am so hoping I can rectify the problem with any further advice you may have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 28 Apr 2014, 20:48

Hello,

Sorry for the (very) late reply!
No, I don't think reinstalling the game(s) will make a difference.

I read through this topic, but excuse me if I missed this: have you tried backing up (!) and removing this folder completely: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ ?
Then test the game again.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 29 Apr 2014, 19:12

CraftyOne;p wrote:Ok i've completed all the steps you recommended(more than once just to be sure I did them all properly) but the game is still crashing in both Create-a-sim and if i just play without creating a new game...I get to play for roughly 10mins then I get a window saying Sims 3 has stopped working etc. :(I even turned the anti-virus off and all the graphics settings are as low as possible.

Just wondering what my options are now? I am thinking I might have to uninstall everything and start from scratch(uninstall & re-install base game and everything else...start afresh)? Or is that pointless? I figure if I try this and am still having issues I can go through the entire fix process' I already completed and if I am still crashing I guess thats the end of The Sims 3 for me Sad
It's just frustrating because it was all working fine before the installation of Supernatural...I really wanted to experience what that expansion has to offer. Maybe I should just not worry about re-installing that pack?
Thanks for your help so far and I am so hoping I can rectify the problem with any further advice you may have.

Are you absolutely sure you did EVERYTHING I described according to how I described it ? And are you actually playing on a laptop ? Laptops are often known for having issues with demanding games, like The Sims 3, in which case I'm afraid there isn't much left for you to try.

You could try un-installing the base game, re-booting the computer and then re-installing the base game. After that, re-apply the "steps from #2 to #4" in the "must read: how to install the Sims 3 correctly"-guide, which I posted somewhere above. Then try the game again.

Admin wrote:Hello,

Sorry for the (very) late reply!
No, I don't think reinstalling the game(s) will make a difference.

I read through this topic, but excuse me if I missed this: have you tried backing up (!) and removing this folder completely: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ ?
Then test the game again.

Admin, that's step #1 in this guide that I posted above already... Razz

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Apr 2014, 04:09

Success!! I un-installed and re-installed everything and it all works now...I was going to do that in the very beginning but thought I'd source other solutions first...thats how I ended up finding this forum lol. But it's all good because the tools(updater, fix etc.) and friendly advice have all been very useful and helped me gain knowledge...which is always a plus in my book! Wink

I have had minor issues after installing some expansions but I just apply the fix and Tada!! fixed lol!
Thank you so much for all your help. Keep up the awesome work u guys do here and I will be sure to check in and if need be use this forum for any future issues that may arise.
Cheers Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top