Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game wont start up after pressing play in the launcher

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game wont start up after pressing play in the launcher  Empty Game wont start up after pressing play in the launcher

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 18:58

Okay so I decided to install Sims 3 on a laptop on which I've never had the game before. So, I downloaded all the games from your account on thepiratebay and installed all according to the "How to install the Sims 3 correctly" guide.
I did not copy any cracks and after I was done with into the future, I downloaded the ultimate fix and followed the steps. 
However, the game doesn't seem to start up after I press play in the launcher. I've disabled my anti-virus, firewall, etc. I've added all the launcher and start up files to DEP and I've downloaded game booster. Nothing seems to help. When I run the game, the TSW process is seen in the process tab of the task manager for a few seconds but then disappears. 
If it makes any difference, I run on windows 7 Ultimate, 
64-bit 
RAM : 6GB 
And my display adapter is NVIDIA Geforce GT 525M.

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Game wont start up after pressing play in the launcher  Empty Re: Game wont start up after pressing play in the launcher

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 19:06

Hi there! Smile

Did you apply the Manual Patch before the Ultimate Fix? Even if your game is already updated to 1.67, please do it to make sure you don't get any errors. Here is the guide again:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

After that, take the .exe and .dll inside the #Crack folder in the Ultimate Fix (only this folder, you can ignore the rest of them) and copy both of those files to Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Make sure to select Copy and Replace when prompted.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Game wont start up after pressing play in the launcher  Empty Re: Game wont start up after pressing play in the launcher

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 19:12

SeoY wrote:Hi there! Smile

Did you apply the Manual Patch before the Ultimate Fix? Even if your game is already updated to 1.67, please do it to make sure you don't get any errors. Here is the guide again:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

After that, take the .exe and .dll inside the #Crack folder in the Ultimate Fix (only this folder, you can ignore the rest of them) and copy both of those files to Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Make sure to select Copy and Replace when prompted.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes! Very Happy

Hi.
Yes I applied the patch twice to make sure. ( I got the pop up telling me whether I want to update again or not)
But as for the ultimate fix, I followed the instructions, which told me to copy files from all the other folders too. This is where I updated my game for the second time (because I had done it once before the ultimate fix, but the ultimate fix instructed me to update so I just did to be sure)
then I closed the launcher from the tray, and copied the files from the #crack folder. 
but it still doesnt work.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 19:14

Sorooshartilo wrote:Hi.
Yes I applied the patch twice to make sure. ( I got the pop up telling me whether I want to update again or not)
But as for the ultimate fix, I followed the instructions, which told me to copy files from all the other folders too. This is where I updated my game for the second time (because I had done it once before the ultimate fix, but the ultimate fix instructed me to update so I just did to be sure)
then I closed the launcher from the tray, and copied the files from the #crack folder. 
Any ideas?
Thanks

Does the same thing happen if you start the game double clicking the TS3W.exe inside Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin?

And is your base game downloaded from here, too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 19:17

SeoY wrote:
Sorooshartilo wrote:Hi.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Does the same thing happen if you start the game double clicking the TS3W.exe inside Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin?

And is your base game downloaded from here, too?

Yeah I've tried bypassing the launcher. Doesn't work.
and yes it is. I've tried installing another base game (from original disk) but still no luck. But the one currently installed is from here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 19:29

Sorooshartilo wrote:
Yeah I've tried bypassing the launcher. Doesn't work.
and yes it is. I've tried installing another base game (from original disk) but still no luck. But the one currently installed is from here.

I suggest that you repeat the steps 2-4 of the guide, but this time don't follow the full instructions for the Ultimate Fix. First, re-download both the Manual Patch and the Ultimate Fix. Apply the Manual Patch normally. In the Ultimate Fix, follow only the last step of the guide. That is, take only the contents of the #Crack folder, ignoring the rest, and copy them to the location specified, replacing when prompted.

Just to make sure, did you test if the game was working at any point during the installation? Or you only tried to run it after installing everything? And did you install all of the EPs and SPs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top