Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed Expansion Pack, Nothing Changed? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed Expansion Pack, Nothing Changed? [SOLVED] Empty Installed Expansion Pack, Nothing Changed? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 18 Apr 2014, 15:36

Hey guys,

Okay so I followed the instructions on how to install the Sims 3 exactly as it said and installed seasons, but I kind of did a noob thing and installed the base game even though I already have it, and now I'm wondering if that's what caused this problem, because now there's a the Sims 3 in My Documents (the one i bought) and a new one under Program Files -> Electronic Arts (the games4theworld one). Do I need to delete one of them? Because after following all the steps on the instructions I just started what appears to be the old game launcher and it's completely unchanged from how it was before except for a message that said something like "are you sure you want to run this program?", but that's not showing up right now. 
I hope this makes sense, I basically installed the Sims 3 and seasons but now i'm just playing my old one with my other expansion packs. 
I apologise for my nooby nature, thank you! Help  :newfag:  Noob

Back to top Go down

Installed Expansion Pack, Nothing Changed? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installed Expansion Pack, Nothing Changed? [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Fri 18 Apr 2014, 16:20

Hello,

These 2 folders you mentioned are of different natures. They are not what you think, they are (G4TW's one and EA's one?).

The folder named "The Sims 3" under (My) Documents\Electronic Arts is a folder for storing your saves, for installing your Custom Content, and for Custom Music. Deleting this folder will result in the deletion of all the saves and Custom Content and Custom Music.

The folder named "The Sims 3" under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts is the folder where all the installation files of The Sims 3 are based in. Deleting this folder will result in the "un-clean" un-installation of The Sims 3, which will bring more harm than good and may create unexpected danger to your game.

Have you read this guide to update your game and apply the Ultimate Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly ? If you haven't, please do steps 2-4 of the guide.

As for "nothing is changed", I am not sure what you mean. Installing The Sims 3: Seasons will bring a change in the climate of the neighbourhood your sims live and bring new opportunities and new items. There are a few ways to make sure The Sims 3: Seasons is installed:
1. Run The Sims 3 Launcher. You will see a lot of icons at the bottom of the launcher. If the icon of The Sims 3: Seasons is lit, you have already installed it.
2. Run your game and select any of your saves. When you are in the game, check to see if you have this icon beside the avatar of your sims:
Installed Expansion Pack, Nothing Changed? [SOLVED] W83Q1oP
3. Lastly, check to see if you have any lessons regarding The sims 3: Seasons in "Lessons". To do so, run the game and click "..." and then "Lessons". There, check to see if there are any.

Please let us know if you do not understand something.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Installed Expansion Pack, Nothing Changed? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installed Expansion Pack, Nothing Changed? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 19 Apr 2014, 15:19

Thanks haha, yeah I forgot to actually extract seasons from winrar, I guess you didn't have that step because it should have been extremely obvious lol. Case closed!  Very Happy

Mod edit: good to hear ! Very Happy  Problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top