Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

window 8 or window 7 for sims ? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

window 8 or window 7 for sims ? [SOLVED] Empty window 8 or window 7 for sims ? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 21 Apr 2014, 21:26

hi guys  Very Happy 
gonna buy laptop soon and i need a good OS to play sims 3 + 20 pack
ya i know that os isn't everything
but i heard rumor and review how window 8 is not suitable for gaming as it's a new os.
and i been using win.7 for years now and i think is not bad
but i wanna know
how is the sims 3 + 20 pack in window 8 regardless of laptop spec (spec are ready just need os !! )
please NO APPLE/MAC Evil or Very Mad 
i'm a microsoft window person so ya  Cool 

my question to you guys are
1) in your experience on using either win.8 or win.7
which is better for playing sims 3 +20 pack?  albino 

2)why [the window you picked out on the above question]  ?
what's it pro and con of it ?

THANKS FOR READING AND PLEASE  Help

Back to top Go down

window 8 or window 7 for sims ? [SOLVED] Empty Re: window 8 or window 7 for sims ? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 21 Apr 2014, 22:07

iimcrystal wrote:hi guys  Very Happy 
gonna buy laptop soon and i need a good OS to play sims 3 + 20 pack
ya i know that os isn't everything
but i heard rumor and review how window 8 is not suitable for gaming as it's a new os.
and i been using win.7 for years now and i think is not bad
but i wanna know
how is the sims 3 + 20 pack in window 8 regardless of laptop spec (spec are ready just need os !! )
please NO APPLE/MAC Evil or Very Mad 
i'm a microsoft window person so ya  Cool 

my question to you guys are
1) in your experience on using either win.8 or win.7
which is better for playing sims 3 +20 pack?  albino 

2)why [the window you picked out on the above question]  ?
what's it pro and con of it ?

THANKS FOR READING AND PLEASE  Help

Hi iimcrystal,

You are right as far as Mac OS X is concerned: The Sims 3 has huge problems on that platform. TS3 was designed in the first place for Windows OS, not for Mac OS, hence the issues with Mac.

As for Windows, I'd suggest you choose Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (= the 64-bit version), because I have never heard of any compatibility issues with Windows 7, whereas there are always users on here who have issues with Windows 8. I'm using Win 7 Ultimate x64 myself, and I'm very happy with it. Very Happy

In the meantime, with the 8.1 update, these issues seem to have been reduced, but still. Windows 8 was made for tablet computers, originally. And since tablet computers are not the same as gaming computers, a few things were...."modified" if you wish. Meaning that if you use Windows 8 on a desktop/laptop computer, you might run into compatibility issues.

Get Games4TheWorld's Windows 7 release here:

http://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Alternatively, look on Piratebay for "Windows 7 Ultimate x64". I hope this helps you a bit ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

window 8 or window 7 for sims ? [SOLVED] Empty Re: window 8 or window 7 for sims ? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 22 Apr 2014, 04:41

thanks carlos I love you 
informative and clear  flower 
so i'm gonna get the window 7 64bit then  afro

and why do i need to search it on piratebay ? o.0

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Apr 2014, 17:47

iimcrystal wrote:thanks carlos I love you 
informative and clear  flower 
so i'm gonna get the window 7 64bit then  afro

and why do i need to search it on piratebay ? o.0

I think you misunderstood something. Smile  What I meant was that you can CHOOSE where you want to download Windows 7, so choose EITHER Games4TheWorld OR look on Piratebay for a different uploader (look for a skull logo next to the uploader's name - this usually means that the dowload is good).

Games4TheWorld's releases are always safe, so you might want to stick with G4TW. 

I got mine actually from somewhere else, long time ago already (in 2010). But that doesn't really matter - so do whatever you like to do. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Apr 2014, 19:40

ohh so let say i downloaded win.7 64 bit,
i have to burn in to a disk or just click it ?
cause i don;t dare to play reboot or format my pc  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Apr 2014, 20:01

iimcrystal wrote:ohh so let say i downloaded win.7 64 bit,
i have to burn in to a disk or just click it ?
cause i don;t dare to play reboot or format my pc  Rolling Eyes

Just briefly: you can burn such a download to a DVD (with a burning program like Nero or Ashampoo). You will often get a file with the .ISO file ending - and that's your "Virtual Windows installation disc" if you wish. And you can burn that file to a physical DVD.

Alternatively, look at this topic here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t15327-win-to-flash-how-to-create-a-bootable-pendrive

If you want to change your Windows operating system, then you'll have to format the computer. If you have more questions about this, please open a topic in the "Software" section on here. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Apr 2014, 16:29

THERE'S SUCH THING CALL BOOTABLE PENDRIVE?????!!!! Shocked
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU......

*ahem* 
thanks carol for that wonderful info. flower

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:38

iimcrystal wrote:THERE'S SUCH THING CALL BOOTABLE PENDRIVE?????!!!! Shocked
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU......

*ahem* 
thanks carol for that wonderful info. flower

My name is not "Carol", but yes, you're welcome. Razz  But again, please open a new topic on this in the "Software"- section on here. 

Do you have any other specific question about The Sims 3 ? Otherwise I'll close the topic.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Apr 2014, 14:21

opps sorry carlos  Shocked 
ya, you could close this down now
thanks for the info !!!!  Tea 3

Mod edit: OK, problem solved, topic closed. Smile 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top