Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cant uninstall. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

cant uninstall. [CLOSED] Empty cant uninstall. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Fri 25 Apr 2014, 18:46

i want to uninstall sims 3 seasons from my pc to install late night but it isn't showing up in Add/Remove programs.when i first installed sims 3/seasons it showed up in Add/Remove programs but now it's missing and i cant uninstall it.tried using 3rd party uninstaller(revo uninstaller) still sims 3 seasons is not there.what should i do?

Back to top Go down

cant uninstall. [CLOSED] Empty Re: cant uninstall. [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 25 Apr 2014, 19:09

940108 wrote:i want to uninstall sims 3 seasons from my pc to install late night but it isn't showing up in Add/Remove programs.when i first installed sims 3/seasons it showed up in Add/Remove programs but now it's missing and i cant uninstall it.tried using 3rd party uninstaller(revo uninstaller) still sims 3 seasons is not there.what should i do?

Hello,

Not sure if I already mentioned that in your other topic, but generally, you shouldn't uninstall ANYTHING from your computer, unless you are absolutely sure you want to get rid of it. Because if you don't un-install correctly (and that's a bit more tricky than most people think) then it can make matters worse. For example, it's recommended to re-boot the computer after un-installing a game/program.

The first time you had the game installed, you probably didn't remove it correctly, and now you're having exactly these issues.

The fact that games don't show up in these un-install programs usually means that something went wrong...so for now: are you actually able to play the game without problems ? If yes, would you mind actually keeping the game ?

If you really want to remove it (again ?), try the solution in this article here:

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Apr 2014, 19:15

everything is working fine now.i have sims 3:seasons installed but i want to install Sims 3:Late Night which is an older version so i need to uninstall seasons before i can install late night.the link you gave involves removing the game via "Add/Remove Programs",in which my sims 3 is not listed there.can i just remove the seasons folder and then run ccleaner to clean my registry?

edit:
i just thought the expansions need to be installed in order.if it doesn't,i dont need any uninstalls

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 25 Apr 2014, 19:34

940108 wrote:everything is working fine now.i have sims 3:seasons installed but i want to install Sims 3:Late Night which is an older version so i need to uninstall seasons before i can install late night.the link you gave involves removing the game via "Add/Remove Programs",in which my sims 3 is not listed there.can i just remove the seasons folder and then run ccleaner to clean my registry?

edit:
i just thought the expansions need to be installed in order.if it doesn't,i dont need any uninstalls

Please, you don't have to un-install anything if you want to add expansions. Smile  Just update your game with the manual patch ("step #2") from the guide I posted in your other post. Then install all the expansions you want.

After that, repeat steps #2, #3 and #4 from the guide.

And about the guide...you could just skip the step if it the game doesn't show up, and go on with the REST of the steps. Yes, you can run CCleaner too, but most importantly, re-boot the computer after un-installing.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Apr 2014, 19:48

so i installed late night.rerun the 1.67 patch and it says i DONT have sims 3 installed.i ran sims 3 launcher and notice my season is missing all of a sudden.sobs

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 25 Apr 2014, 19:52

940108 wrote:so i installed late night.rerun the 1.67 patch and it says i DONT have sims 3 installed.i ran sims 3 launcher and notice my season is missing all of a sudden.sobs

Can you - please - keep ALL your problems in ONE topic only, instead of opening new topics ? Your problem in your other topic, is not solved yet, so continue the discussion here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t16658-sims-3-game-messed-upplanning-to-reinstall

This topic is closed now.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top