Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Setup has detected that (Version Number) is already installed, Please uninstall" Yet there is NOTHING to uninstall?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The Setup has detected that (Version Number) is already installed, Please uninstall" Yet there is NOTHING to uninstall?! Empty "The Setup has detected that (Version Number) is already installed, Please uninstall" Yet there is NOTHING to uninstall?!

Post by Guest Mon 03 Sep 2012, 20:24

"The Setup has detected that (Version Number) is already installed, Please uninstall" Yet there is NOTHING to uninstall?! 2quqhvm

This is the Error I get, I recently played The Sims 3 on the BlackBox complete edition (modified launcher on which you cant add new ep's) and I wanted to get ready for Supernatural, So I downloaded all of the games from Games4theworld.

When i try to install certain Stuff Packs (All EP's work) the setup says it detects an already installed version that is newer, so I need to "uninstall" the stuff pack.
And On Master Suite pack, The setup just says "Preparing to uninstall" Goes through the uninstallation process and says its fine, Then It goes through it again on next try.

Problem is I cant uninstall anything, I uninstalled all The Sims 3 games from control panel (blackbox release included), I used Your! Uninstaller too, I also did Ccleaner and Registry cleans, Im running out of options. :/

There are no The Sims 3 folders / files on my computer, Other than Games4theworld .rar's.

What the hell?

And yes I have restarted my computer.

Im running a Windows 7 64-bit OS, and a mid-high end gaming computer rig.

Back to top Go down

"The Setup has detected that (Version Number) is already installed, Please uninstall" Yet there is NOTHING to uninstall?! Empty Re: "The Setup has detected that (Version Number) is already installed, Please uninstall" Yet there is NOTHING to uninstall?!

Post by Admin Mon 03 Sep 2012, 22:02

Hello,

BlackBox editions are modified real nasty.
Hmmm... I can try to help you via TeamViewer, if you like. Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online on the Forum.
We should be able to get it all to work together.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male