Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uninstall Help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Uninstall Help! Empty Uninstall Help!

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 02:02

Hi all!
I recently installed games4theworld's University Life and attempted to install their World Adventures, too.  University Life worked fine, I played it for a while but I was never able to get World adventures to work after the second crack file.  
I've since decided to uninstall my torrented expansions, maybe I'll get them again sometime, but I'd rather just stick to my basic CC.  I uninstalled UL with the control panel and tried to do the most recent update from EA but it says there's an incorrect file keeping it from completing. Is this because of the files in the bin that were replaced by the crack?  If so, is the fix as simple as replacing those with the regular files?  Does anyone know how I could get them?
I'd just really like to avoid uninstalling and reinstalling my whole game and want to clear out the stuff from the torrent.
Thanks!  :newfag:

Back to top Go down

Uninstall Help! Empty Re: Uninstall Help!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 05 Feb 2014, 06:56

shoff wrote:Hi all!
I recently installed games4theworld's University Life and attempted to install their World Adventures, too.  University Life worked fine, I played it for a while but I was never able to get World adventures to work after the second crack file.  
I've since decided to uninstall my torrented expansions, maybe I'll get them again sometime, but I'd rather just stick to my basic CC.  I uninstalled UL with the control panel and tried to do the most recent update from EA but it says there's an incorrect file keeping it from completing. Is this because of the files in the bin that were replaced by the crack?  If so, is the fix as simple as replacing those with the regular files?  Does anyone know how I could get them?
I'd just really like to avoid uninstalling and reinstalling my whole game and want to clear out the stuff from the torrent.
Thanks!  :newfag:

Hello,

First of all, in order for the "Ultimate fix" (crack) from Games4TheWorld to work, you'll need at least one of the following expansions installed:

Into the Future, Movie Stuff, Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations.

And generally you shouldn't use any of the cracks that are included in the downloads, since they are outdated.

If you want to play the base game only, download and apply the latest "manual patch", available here: http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe

And then use the "temporary fix", here: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Fixes/The_Sims_3_fix_temp.rar

Follow the included instructions. Let us know if you do plan on installing other expansions though. Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top