Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Infamous Black Screen and Launcher Issues.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Infamous Black Screen and Launcher Issues. Empty The Infamous Black Screen and Launcher Issues.

Post by Guest Wed 20 Sep 2017, 01:00

So last week I was playing Sims 3 just fine and then got off the game and the next day I couldn't get anything to open (not even the launcher to pop up) then I did a reset of the comp and did a few other things and then it opened but the screen stayed black. I searched everywhere and found several articles telling me of different things that could be causing, I followed most of them (apart from uninstalling) and then I tried to download a pattern from the Exchange and repeatedly it crashed saying it had stopped responding, no error or anything just not responding. Then I gave up and tried to play the game and it would get passed the Maxis intro and then to the Sims loading screen and do the same thing. After finding no answers online I resorted to just uninstalling everything after making a backup of Sims 3 just in case. Well...that worked and I had an empty game and downloaded a few CC and opened to check if it worked and it worked fine. So I went through the grueling process of downloading some stuff from the Exchange yesterday and downloading most of this site per usual (>.< yes I have an addiction....) and then went to NRaas and MTS (ModTheSims) to download the usual mods that I claim I can't live without. Game loaded last night so I figured it was ok, then today because I didn't download very much CC for CAS and I wanted a big house for a challenge I've doing.....nothing would download. They were all Sims files that go through the launcher and the download section that pops up after you click install never loads. Well I've spent most of my free time today trying different things, deleting things (.tmp files in DCCache, making sure I didn't have NRaas Register, clearing away things that I saw others say worked)....nothing has worked and I am to the point of just saying f it and deleting it all again and not playing for awhile but I have a lot of spare time and I love Sims and it keeps me sane lol. SO would anyone happen to know of a way to get past the loading screen?  Cookie from Carlos

Back to top Go down

The Infamous Black Screen and Launcher Issues. Empty Re: The Infamous Black Screen and Launcher Issues.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Sep 2017, 16:50

LittleClover wrote:So last week I was playing Sims 3 just fine and then got off the game and the next day I couldn't get anything to open (not even the launcher to pop up) then I did a reset of the comp and did a few other things and then it opened but the screen stayed black. I searched everywhere and found several articles telling me of different things that could be causing, I followed most of them (apart from uninstalling) and then I tried to download a pattern from the Exchange and repeatedly it crashed saying it had stopped responding, no error or anything just not responding. Then I gave up and tried to play the game and it would get passed the Maxis intro and then to the Sims loading screen and do the same thing. After finding no answers online I resorted to just uninstalling everything after making a backup of Sims 3 just in case. Well...that worked and I had an empty game and downloaded a few CC and opened to check if it worked and it worked fine. So I went through the grueling process of downloading some stuff from the Exchange yesterday and downloading most of this site per usual (>.< yes I have an addiction....) and then went to NRaas and MTS (ModTheSims) to download the usual mods that I claim I can't live without. Game loaded last night so I figured it was ok, then today because I didn't download very much CC for CAS and I wanted a big house for a challenge I've doing.....nothing would download. They were all Sims files that go through the launcher and the download section that pops up after you click install never loads. Well I've spent most of my free time today trying different things, deleting things (.tmp files in DCCache, making sure I didn't have NRaas Register, clearing away things that I saw others say worked)....nothing has worked and I am to the point of just saying f it and deleting it all again and not playing for awhile but I have a lot of spare time and I love Sims and it keeps me sane lol. SO would anyone happen to know of a way to get past the loading screen?  Cookie from Carlos

Hello and welcome to the Forum @LittleClover,

Have you given these suggestions here a shot?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-30-01-2015

Also, have you tried re-applying the latest 1.67 manual patch and Ultimate Fix? See the steps #2 to #5:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck! 

Oh my...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Infamous Black Screen and Launcher Issues. Empty Re: The Infamous Black Screen and Launcher Issues.

Post by Guest Thu 21 Sep 2017, 19:25

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Hello and welcome to the Forum @LittleClover,

Have you given these suggestions here a shot?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-30-01-2015

Also, have you tried re-applying the latest 1.67 manual patch and Ultimate Fix? See the steps #2 to #5:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck! 

Oh my...
First off thank you for the welcome ^^ @The_gh0stm4n I have tried to first suggestion you linked prior to this when I had black screen another time before and it didn't fix it so I didn't even think to do it lol. I am going to try the ultimate fix first though because I've never tried it >.<. I'm not sure if you are the person to ask but I figured since you were nice enough to suggest things that meant you are Sims smart lol. It took me a bit to find the sims 3/game/bin that was in the instructions because it's not under EA it's under Origins, would that affect how the fix works? I did digital download for most of games via Origin because they had a sell like 2 years ago so I bought them all >.<. Also with the different files for the EPs there is no bin option in it so add the downloaded stuff. Thanks a bunch for the suggestions. I doubt I would of been able to think to use the fix.

Uh oh I followed the instructions and did it for the base game and was gonna wait to do the others until I got a reply or figured it out on my own and went to open the launcher and now it won't open >.<. I swear Sims hate me lol

Last edited by LittleClover on Thu 21 Sep 2017, 19:36; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot stuff and don't want to be rude >.<)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top